Saturday 4 November 2017

The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide (Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen)


I love this song; not that I ever run anywhere.  I do not even run for the bus these days as there is always another one in a few minutes. Classic song and one of those artists who I really like, yet never have seen.  As always, enjoy.




Monday:  Early start, busy day.  In a meeting all day with my colleagues. It went very well.  On the bus and up to Russell Square.  One of my friends said to me over the weekend they don't know where I get my energy from; I haven't a clue, I have to just get on with it.  University was brilliant this evening; my passion and also the one lecture that relates to my first essay.  Sexology.  I will part that there and let you draw your own conclusions.

Home on the bus and it was quite cold and I was glad to get home as I had been out of the house for just over 12 hours.

Tuesday:  Working from home today which is fine as I have so much to do.  Made some delicious roasted pepper soup for lunch and managed to clear a great deal of work done but still no focus on New Zealand (I can hear that clock ticking.  I used to be organised in past life and now I can't even think about being organised.


Wednesday:  Working done and dusted and I was off out.  I went to the Wellcome Library in Euston. It was part of my university work that I had to go.  I have been to the Wellcome Centre before but not to use the library. What a
little treat this place is. You can join, free for five years.  I needed to look at two books relating to birth control prior to the 1950's.  My books were from the 1930's and 1940's.  It was strange, holding those books in my hand, reading about birth control choices (not many and still not many) thinking how things have progressed in such a short time.  Amazing and such a privilege. Back home and it was time to do ....... nothing.  I have to pinch myself still that I can get on a bus and get to places like the Wellcome Library and that this is still my playground.  How lucky am I? Actually started to pack today.  Well I got my passport out of the drawer!

Thursday:  Busy morning (working from home) and numerous phone calls.  There is so much I should be doing and just cannot drum up the enthusiasm or energy to do it.  I will get my arse in gear on Saturday;  I promise.

This evening I went to Goldsmiths University in New Cross.  I have never been here before and remember it as a child as it was en route to London when we used to come up here on the coach as a child.  Fond memories. 

Friday:  Friday.  Thank goodness.  Andy is away this evening and I am home alone.  I cracked on with my degree work. Bibliography compiled and a good
part of the essay proposal done; I really think I can start looking forward to my holiday.  Almost.

Finally put all my books and papers away and snuggled down for the evening. Quite a busy day tomorrow as I need to go up Oxford Street to actually collect my currency (it may help to actually have some money on me I thought). Not looking forward to it as the weather forecast is rain.  Of course it is.


As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. Ah packing never takes as long as you think it will; you can easily cram it into a few hours somewhere nearer the time. Trust me on this. And anything you forget that you desperately need you can buy when you get there anyway.
    You've taken on a lot of work with the degree; I hope it offers you plenty of rewards (not necessarily financial).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah yes still not packed. I will do it Friday and like you say, if I need it that much I will just have to buy it if I don't have it. It all comes together. Yes the degree is hardworking but I am enjoying it and meeting new people; but it will never make me financially rich, just rich in knowledge lol. Hugs and stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete