Tuesday 31 October 2017

Rain whistle blowing makes a sleepy noise Underneath their blankets go all the girls and boys Rocking rolling riding out along the bay All bound for Morningtown many miles away Driver at the engine fireman rings the bell Sand man swings the lantern to show that all is well (Morning Town - The Seekers


I used to sing this song to my Megan when she was small (obviously), fond memories that make me smile and make me sad.  However, memories all the same.  As always, enjoy.





Saturday:  You know the routine. All OK, not brilliant, who knows why because I have been 100%, but a loss is a loss.  Home and fed and today is my volunteering day.  I love this so much.  Got to Soho and spent two hours spreading my sparkle (and condoms). I met some lovely people, stroked a gorgeous beard and had a lovely hug from my Italian barber.  It is official, I am now living with the Beautiful People (Google Beautiful People TV series).

Said my goodbyes as I will not see the boys for a month and made my way down to Picturehouse Central.  It was date time.  I met up with the Kiwi (the guy from last week) and we had a coffee then went to the Curzon to see The Death of Stalin that is directed by Armando Iannucci who in my opinion can do no wrong.  It was so funny and me being funny kept getting a fit of the giggles. I really good film; humour but very funny.

So it was time to eat.  Now what some of you may not know about me is I have a 'fear' of about eating in front of people.  Never used to have this, God only knows where it has come from and Ian, I have done so well when we go out to eat and feel very comfortable with you now. But this is date time.  The Kiwi (who obviously has a name but will remain anonymous for now) suggested Peruvian.  All I know from Peru is Paddington and marmalade sandwiches!  Needless to say, this is not what he had in mind. I have walked passed this Peruvian restaurant countless times in Soho and never noticed. It looked amazing; such a lovely atmosphere, but alas, no tables.

We then decided to have a wander around and see what we can find.  The next part really could be a scene in the next Bridget Jones film.  You have been warned.  Remember, eating in front of people.  So we find a Japanese restaurant. How cool is that. It was stunningly beautiful and we rocked up and were given a table.  The waitress come up and gave us both an iPad each which displayed the menu, along with photos. Ian, you know give me a menu and I take ages; give me an iPad and I a hopeless. I scrolled and looked. The photos were absolutely amazing, I was blown away and it all looked amazing. Then the stark reality sunk in.  Not only would I be eating in front of the said Kiwi but I would be eating with chopsticks!

In the end I delegated the responsibility to him to order and it transpires we should have added our choices to favourites.  It is a good job I did not as I wanted to add everything I liked the look of!  He ordered a selection of food then the waiter come over to take drinks orders.  He had a Japanese beer and there were two Belgium beers to chose.  The girl did well and said I would have the blonde beer!  Yay, go me.  The next thing to happen was another waiter come over with a jug and a pipette with the soy sauce.  The food that followed was absolutely amazing. I think this was the best food I have had in London. The dishes were works of art, totally stunning. It was one of those meals that I did not want to end.  I surprised myself and did so well with the chopsticks.  But I did feel totally relaxed and at ease.  We chatting a great deal about New Zealand and what there is there to see and eat.  The food kept coming. We had a selection of sushi then I had an amazing dish of scallops and truffle oil. We shared our food and had a taste of each other dishes. It really was a lovely meal.

We then went to get some gin. However, everywhere was so busy for Halloween and you know me, I do not like masks, However, most of the costumes were very low key.  The Kiwi was telling me about a place called the Arts Club but they wanted £10 each to get in so we decided to find a pub.  He then looked an found a gin bar, but when we got there it was closed!  As we were looking on the phone a guy walked by and asked if we were lost, we explained that we were looking for somewhere to go and it turned out he was the DJ at the Arts Club, of course he was, why are you surprised.  I said to the Kiwi, he would get used to this as this kind of thing always happens around me, as you all know. He said he would tell the doorman our names and we could get in for free.

We wandered around a while and could not find anywhere else to go so went back to the Arts Club. The Kiwi said are you really going to ask.  Of course I was. Needless to say the doorman knew of Chris but still wanted £10 each to get in.  I said to him please tell Chris that we will not be seeing him tonight but thank you. We finally found another pub, just before last orders and had more gin! I had such a lovely evening, good company, good food and good times.

Caught the night bus home which is always an experience in London and tonight was not a disappointment.  I could not see the guys but there were two behind me, very drunk, but very amusing and they were chatting to two women.  It soon become apparent that the two guys were a couple and one in particular was so funny.  He kept saying he wanted a kebab. He then asked one of the women what was she having when she got in and she replied 'oh just a cup of tea, with PG tips'.  The guy then said, very loudly ' PG tips, PG tips! I have you know, I am a homosexual and it is nothing but Yorkshire Gold for me!' I tried not laugh but I guess it summed up the day.  Lovely, new memories.

Sunday:  Clocks have gone back and I did not want to wake up. So tired. Lazy morning telling Andy about my lovely day then showered and dressed ready to go out ............. again! Different day, different man, different film. It was like Groundhog Day as I was back up in Soho.  This afternoon we went to see the new Thor film: Ragnorok. It was really good.  Completely different to yesterday but equally a good and this one was very more pleasing to my eye with either Idis Elba, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffouoe. Choices, choices, choices. It is a really good song and an excellent soundtrack featuring Led Zeppelin and song that was realised in 1970 way, way, way before they were born.  Feeling rather old and depressed now. Sigh!

Back home, dinner cooked and consumed, bag packed for university tomorrow and time to kick back and catch up on life laundry.

It has been a crazy few days.

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. A lot of people have a thing about eating in front of people I think. I used to but I grew out of it. I love Japanese food, but far too expensive in London.
    Sounds like a pretty good weekend to me. I hadn't heard of either of the movies, but then again I have no idea now. On the rare occasions I do hit civilisation I just stare at what's on offer thinking 'no idea what that's about'.
    bet you're counting the days to New Zealand now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. It is interesting as since I have mentioned the eating in front people thing, so many people have said the same! Yes Japanese food is the best but like you say it don't come cheap. Full on weekend yes but this weekend I really do need to get my arse in gear! Not counting yet, too much to do. But it wont be long. Hugs and stuff xxxx

    ReplyDelete