Saturday 11 March 2017

I never thought it would happen With me and the girl from Clapham Out on the windy common That night I ain't forgotten When she dealt out the rations With some or other passions I said "you are a lady" "Perhaps" she said. "I may be" (Up The Junction - Squeeze)

I have always liked Squeeze.  In fact, they will probably have a month of their own sometime in the future.  Just a group of South East London blokes from Deptford, just down the road from me.  I will not go on about them as a group now, but I always remember when I was in exile in the North, if I heard a song by Squeeze it just 'reminded me of home'.  They sung about real life, the stuff that really happens and this track is no exception.  As always, enjoy.




Monday:  Spent the day running around south London like a loon.  A long, long day.  That is what happens when you have a day off!  Quiet evening as a compensation but all good.  Well kind of.

Tuesday:  In the office today for a meeting so yet another busy, but productive day.  I decided to walk home as the weather was beautiful.  I noticed all the spring flowers coming into bloom at the Imperial War Museum.  Spring is making her way.  Obligatory trip to said new supermarket and back home to make a veggie chilli.  No art class.  I am out of my league there and need to find one that will teach me, however, goodness knows how much that will cost. This is the disadvantage of living in London.  So much to do and such little time oh and money!

Wednesday:  Long day today as working until 10.00am.  I still find it magical as I am walking to the bus stop with Big Ben looking down on me.  Andy's sister Zoe arrived this evening, she is staying for a few days.  We had a quick chat then I was so tired. Not the most exciting of days but at least Spring is still on her way.

Thursday:  Working from home today, so comfortable clothes and no hair wash. Bliss.  Unless anyone wants to Skype with me.  Andy and Zoe went out early as Zoe had to complete some errands, hence her trip to London.  So exciting times tonight as we all wen to the theatre, our local Southwark Playhouse.  

I have never seen a play I did not like here and tonight, once again, was no exception.  The play was The Diary of a Teenage Girl.  It is about the sexual awakening and teenage years of a 15 year old and was set when I was 15! So the music was so familiar.  The acting was wonderful and you could see the lead, Minnie, age because of the stress of the situation she had go herself in, right in front of your eyes. It was absolutely brilliant and would really recommend it.  I am so lucky to have this theatre right on my doorstep.

Friday:  Busy day today.  Andy and Zoe went to Go Ape (good luck with that) and I went to work, touring the delights of South East London.  I started off in Camberwell and then took the bus to Peckham.  I have to laugh every time I go to Peckham as it reminds me of Only Fools and Horses as this is where it was set; even though it was not filmed there.  I always used to say when I was in exile in the north, that the south is always sunny and we have palm trees, swimming pools and Porsches.  Today, I found palm trees in Peckham and I did have to smile. Of all the places to find them.  I think if you use your imagination well you can image you are in the Canary Isles.

Productive day work wise, all well.  Back home Andy and Zoe were tired after throwing themselves around like a couple of idiots.  I wanted to go dancing as I had heard the wonderful Marc Almond on Spotify and wanted to go dancing.  Talk about youth wasted on the young.  We ended up ordering pizza and watching Young Frankenstein on Netflix.  I have not seen this film for years and had forgotten how funny it was.  It was what I needed, a jolly good laugh.  Mel Brookes is a genius.  The scene where Dr Frankenstein and the monster are dancing to Putting on the Ritz is one of the funniest things ever.  It has been a good couple of days.


As always, with my love x


No comments:

Post a Comment