Friday 3 March 2017

London calling to the faraway towns Now war is declared, and battle come down London calling to the underworld Come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls London calling, now don't look to us Phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust London calling, see we ain't got no swing 'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing (London Calling - The Clash)



I thought I would do something different this month (because I can) and feature songs that mention London, places in London or references to London in their titles or lyrics.  It is because I heard two tracks on the radio on Monday morning (those two to come later) and thought, yes that is a good idea.  I would have been in London two years next month.  Just as I expected, where people said, Oh I will come and see you, I will be down, I will keep in touch - they haven't and have been slowly dropping off the radar.  I expected this as it happened when I moved north, so I had no reason to expect it to be different the other way.  People have busy lives, but a phone rings both ways, a text message can be replied too, along with an email. I keep in touch by blogging, if people can't be arsed or have time to read it, what more can I do. London has given me a life back.  I am never alone, I have Andy (thank goodness) but I think that is why a lot people don't bother now as I am not any longer their problem and all is well.  Oh how wrong you can all be.

So on that note, a bit of good old punk to start the month off. As always, enjoy.




Monday:  So what happened there then? It is Monday morning again! Crazy. 'Normal' busy day running around London like a loon, then working in the evening. But all good.  I got home around 9.30pm, caught up with Andy and then went to bed. My life is so exciting. Do you realise how time consuming it is trying to save the world!

Tuesday:  In the office all day today with my peers, but it was enjoyable and productive. Made my way up to Hoxton for my art class. You have to give me ten out of ten for giving things ago.  We had a male model tonight, I guess around 'my age'. I found it quite difficult this evening, but the time just flew by. I got chatting to a bloke (this is the first time this has happened here as most people just speak to the person them come with, others read their books and others are just there for the art darlings). He was great and totally got it. I told him this was on my bucket list and he said 'so did you think just fuck it, I am going to do it!'  My kind of person. My friend Sarah said our tribe is out there somewhere, I just need to find them.  This guy was only young which just proves I get on much better with younger people as most of them just get it and they think someone 'my age' is cool. We had a good chat and a laugh, but my artwork was crap.

Back home, via the obligatory trip to the supermarket for some food and once again a quick catch up with Andy then off to bed I went.

Wednesday:  This morning I had 22 Things to Do on my work list!!!! And two of them were going to take two hours each - sigh.  I worked so hard to day and got the majority of it done and a big dent in the other. Time to kick back, reply to outstanding emails and pay bills.  

Thursday:  I was facilitating training again today so put one of my dresses on but also my new trainers to walk to the bus stop.  This happens in London.  You will see women walking to work all dressed up then look down and they are wearing trainers. It is the 'norm'. As I was walking to the bus stop the film '9 to 5' come into my head, when Dolly was doing the same as me, walking to work, albeit in New York, but in her trainers.  I smiled because of the words and then, as if by magic, the song come on the radio.  See I told you it is the physic radio for me.


Good day working with some great colleagues. Back home and another quiet night.  It is ok. I am not feeling the love at the moment, but enjoying my book.

Friday:  No work today!  I had TOIL.  So lazy start to the morning the did some chores and had to go to the GP then walked down to the bigger library near to me where there is a coffee shop (of course there is) in it. Two new books and a cup of coffee and all is well.  Grabbed the one bag of obligatory shopping and back home to finish my chores.

Treated myself to a lovely soak in the bath (Andy is out to night) with said book. Not exactly rock and roll, but hey it is all feeling a lot better.

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. Life is grand once more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian. I wouldn't go that far, but the sun is shining some days x

    ReplyDelete