Sunday 5 March 2017

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's Gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein (Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon)


Nothing original about this choice, but you will all know it. It refers to Soho, one of my favourite parts of town and refers to my home county of Kent so a double win. So as always, enjoy.



Saturday:  My life does not feel very exciting at the moment.  It is partially my fault as I really do not have the energy coupled with the fact, that when I do what to do something, I have to end up doing it on my own as I have no one else to do it with!  Things would have been the same if I had stayed in Stoke. The only difference being not only would I have had no one to do anything with, there would have been absolutely nothing to do!

Lazy morning and then the highlight of my day was a trip to the supermarket, on the bus.  The busses in London are a sight to behold. You see the world and it's wife travelling on them.  Needless to say, I was no different on the way home, carrying my obligatory two bags of shopping.  Taking the bus in London really should be an Olympic sport. Fortunately, we both managed to get a seat, along with our four bags of shopping.  Back home and a quiet afternoon.  Andy went out and I stayed in, spending the night looking a 'stuff' I did not want or could not afford, on the internet. Then Match of the Day and me falling a sleep. What a wild thing I am.

Sunday:  No Trews, I am still not feeling the love. It is a shame as I do miss it, but with fewer and fewer people going, the cafe serving meat and not just
vegan or vegetarian food, it no longer has the draw it once did. It is a shame, but there you go.  Tidied up the rest of the flat and then Andy thought all his Christmases had come at once.  I said to him that I was happy to sit a play a board game or two with him.  This is what he does.  However, I did stipulate that I did not want any vampires, aliens, sci-fi shit or genies! So that narrowed it down a bit.  That aside we played:  Ticket to Ride which I did like as it was building railways all across Europe.  I guess it fed into my love of travelling. We then played a Japanese game called Machi Koro which had stupid rules. Basically, you did not have to pay your debts if you had them, you could carry on and win the game!  I kicked up merry hell, much to Andy's amusement. We finished by playing a DC super hero thing game called DC Deck Builder.  Which, I surprisingly enjoyed. I could justify spending an afternoon of my life doing this as it was chucking down with rain on and off all day.  It was fun and I enjoyed it.  However, I will not be making a habit of it.

He does have another game called Werewolf which we did not play.  I have played it before and never understood what I was doing but won!  How cool was that.  Anyway, that little knowledge fits in nicely with the title of this weekend's blog.

As always, with my love x




2 comments:

  1. I went to a gay boardgames meet-up in the south of China once. I'm not sure why I suddenly remembered that.
    Well I go through phases of doing lots of stuff and phases where I can't be bothered as well, so you're not alone there. times with a city like London there is so much choice of things to do that that makes it harder. But better too much than too little eh?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah oh this made me giggle. I have formed a picture in my head and it is not good lol. You are right though, there is just so much to do and I have to spend my money wisely. Safe travels and I will see you soon. Please take care. Hugs and stuff xx

    ReplyDelete