Monday 27 March 2017

In a West End town a dead end world, the East End boys and West End girls. In a West end town in a dead end world, The East End boys and West End girls West End girls (West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys)

Well I had to have a bit of 'gay' in here didn't I.  I was 'going up West' this weekend to look for some new clothes, but really could not be bothered.  So we shall make do with this instead. As always, enjoy.



Saturday:  Beautiful blue skies this morning; so I had to do something, even though I am still not finding it that easy.  Washed, dressed, face on and out and caught the 40 bus up to Aldgate.  I was going East (again).  I took myself off to Whitechapel.  This part of London has a huge history.  From Jack the Ripper to the Krays.  I still find it strange how each 'village' of London feels completely different and Whitechapel was no different. I am not sure what the Krays would think of it now.

My first stop was to the Whitechapel Gallery.  This building itself is truly beautiful.  I went to see an exhibition called 'Terrains of the Body' which consisted of photography from the National Museum of Women in the Arts.  So really, my kind of thing.  Unfortunately, you could not take photos, but some of the photos were so good.  If you are in London I would recommend you go along and take a look.  The exhibition is on until 16 April.

Walked along Whitechapel High Street and noticed the mosque had an open day. I thought, under the recent circumstances this was good timing.  Popped into Sainsbury's to look at the clothes .... nothing then it was time for coffee.  So I sat there for an hour reading my book.  Decided to walk home and it was all going well until half way down Fenchurch Street I tripped.  I must have staggered for about 20 feet before I finally, in slow motion fell.  My response was 'bollocks'.  As Andy said I have always been a classy bird.  Some people come over to me to see if I was OK. I got up and thanked them and said they should see me when I have had a drink.  I don't know how I did not smash my phone or hip.  Fortunately, I fell on my left palm of my hand and my left boob; both of which are feeling very sorry for themselves today.  I was thankful that it was not worse, but why can't I just go out.  I walked to London Bridge and decided then to get the bus.

Popped into get some vegetables for a curry then home; where I had a bit of a cry as I was a bit shaken by it and was feeling sorry for myself.  Needless to say after Andy and I caught up on the day's events no curry was made and we ordered take out - Thai!  It really does not take much to cheer me up and Thai food is way up there on the list.  It was delicious.  We watched a film on our new Amazon Prime thing we have.  All is well.

Sunday:  British Summer Time is here.  Where is the year going? Also it is Mothering Sunday.  How do I feel? I feel nothing.  I had a text message from my friend Cherise this morning that made me smile. As for Megan.  I said to Andy how much hurt can you feel? I cannot feel any more to be honest and I think you get to a stage that nothing else hurts, so it actually stops hurting.  If that makes sense.

Beautiful sunny day again and I ache from top to bottom.  I must not think I am some kind of stunt woman.  Took delivery of an item this morning then went off to the library to collect some new books and do some shopping.  Back home I did some cooking. I have decided to try to have a mainly vegan diet for a few weeks.  I cooked curry, chilli and bolognaised based dishes and also made some flatbread, which, even if I say so myself, was rather delicious.  I am just trying to be more mindful of what I eat and why.

By 8.00pm I was falling asleep.  Goodness knows why.  I did ache, so went to my room to try to get comfortable.  Needless to say, I did not sleep well.  Oh dear.  Back to the old routine.

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. oh i hate falling over in the street. I think it's the way everyone rushes to help these days, as if expecting i may not get up again.
    I guess you never heard back from your email then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. I know, what a sample I thought. No not a peep. I was not expecting anything if I am honest. So nothing changes. Love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete