Tuesday 14 March 2017

You go down, down Pass the talk of town You go down Greek street Then its underground Well it's Soho life For this mobile knife It's the place to shoot Friday night beat route (I Don;t Need This Pressure On - Spandau Ballet)

The good thing about not having one particular artist this month means I have to be a bit more creative.  I had forgotten about this song but soon remembered how much I love it.  It talks about Soho, one of my favourite places in London. In fact I have been there today.  So as always, enjoy.



Saturday:  So we all had plans today, together, which was really nice as I do feel part of this lovely family.  We got up and out we went to Dishoom in Covent Garden.  Oh how I love this restaurant.  It is an Indian restaurant but not like anything you have tasted before.  We were having brunch and what a treat it was too. I had eggs with a spicy toast and countless cups of chai. It was so lovely and this is one of my favourite places to eat and it is so reasonable too.  I have been to the King's Cross and Shoreditch one and now the Covent Garden one.  What a treat.


How I feel most days!
We then made our way up to the British Museum.  It always reminds me when I go here how much 'stuff' we have nicked from other countries and we still have it!  It is no wonder no one really ever liked the British.  That aside, I found some really random 'stuff' that made me smile.  The museum is in one of my favourite ever parts of London: Bloomsbury.  If I won the lottery, apart from there not being enough, I would buy something here.  It is such a delightful part of London. So we mooched around the museum for a few hours, me taking random photos of weird stuff.


Looks like me feet
After all the culture and excitement it was time to do a new experience.  You are never too old to try things and you know me, I will give most things a go. So today I did and Escape Room.  Some of you may not know what this is, so I will explain.  Basically, it is like the Crystal Maze. You are locked in a room for an hour and you have to solve all the clues to get out.  Now many of you will know me and this is not my usual kind of thing, as I mutter 'what's the point'. But I have to say it was brilliant.  It took place in a basement in Oxford Street and was a Leonardo de Vinci theme.  Even if I say so myself, I did alright.  Andy and Zoe have done loads of them between them, so I was the newbie but I surprised myself.  The girl did good and we got out of the room with 3 minutes 20 seconds to spare.  Go us.

Quick nip into Boots for some stuff and then on the bus home.  I spent time listening to my new music - Marc Almond's Greatest Hits, which is brilliant and Andy and Zoe played a board game.  This then resulted in me, once again, playing a board game with them.  Needless to say, I did not stand a chance and did not win.  But it was good fun and I have had a lovely Saturday.

Sunday:  Lazy Sunday today.  I had no intention of doing much.  The weather is grey; Andy still has Zoe here and has invited a few friends over to ......... play board games, so I decided I would catch up on some chores in my room and have a relaxing day.  It does not hurt as I have had a busy few days.  

So it all started off well.  I watched Hunt of the Wilderpeople. A delightful, funny, emotional film from New Zealand. I wanted to go and see it when it come out because I had read good things about it.  Needless to say the time went and I never got to see it.  It is a sweet, wonderful film and would recommend it.  The problem about spending time, alone, in my room means I have more time to think and when I think I have more time to beat myself up.  Today was no exception. Today I emailed my daughter.  I am not going into how I found her email address or any other details, that is not relevant. I emailed her. I typed it and before I had time to think, change my mind, reflect or reconsider I did that thing that we all do, hit the button.  There is nothing I can do about it now. How do I feel? Sad. Alone. Bereaved. Thinking what a complete waste of time this whole experience has been.  We should be together. Enjoying our lives together. But we are not and yet still the sands of time keep falling through the hour glass. Days into weeks. Weeks into months. Months into years.  It will be five years this September since I last saw her.  I can still remember the last thing I said to her; yet still every night, before I go to sleep, I tell her how much I love her.  Why does life have to be cruel?

As always, with my love X




2 comments: