Saturday 23 September 2017

Dancing laughing Drinking loving And now I'm all alone In bedsit land My only home (Bedsitter - Marc Almond)

Not quite how I live my life, but I know of many people who live in London by renting a room in a shared house.  Property here is so expensive.  Personally, if it every come to the time that Andy did not want to flat share with me, I would pack up and move on (not sure where).  I know I am going to be a student soon, but don't really need to be living as one.  As always, enjoy.



Monday:  Another week begins and my trusty countdown app tells me I have 55 days before I go on my travels.  However, between now and then I have so much to do.  When I look back, I used to be so organised - alas no more.  But it all gets done ....... eventually.

Had a doh moment much to Andy's hysteria.  I wanted to measure out a litre of almond milk.  I had been having oat milk but it was costing me my precious syns.  So I took the carton, put my little measuring jug on the scales, opened the milk and started to measure.  However, the new carton of almond milk was 1 litre, so all I was doing was moving the milk from one jug to another.  I know. Let's park that pearl of wisdom there shall we.

Tuesday: Busy day at work, I was actually in one of the offices.  I then walked home. It was a lovely, albeit fresh, afternoon and it only took me 35 minutes. I walked through the garden at the Imperial War Museum and you can see all the leaves dropping off the trees.  Autumn really has arrived.

Back home 'our' new purchase has arrived ....... a slow cooker. I have a slow cooker but it is only for one; we now have a larger one for all our lovely winter meals.  When will this domestic pleasure end  ask myself.

Wednesday:  A day of lows and highs.  The low was finding out that your Admin Assistant is the same age as your daughter and would, if they had gone to the same schools, been in the same year.  Sigh.  She laughed; I could have cried.

The highs were splashing the cash.  Well in this case, the student loan.  I am now looking at this loan as compensation for not going to University aged 18 where I would have been given housing benefit, job seekers allowance in the holidays, no tuition fee and no debt.  My student loan is my compensation. So what better way to spend it than like a student.

I went to the flagship store of Apple in London.  Now you know that is going to end messy.  It did.  I was looking, originally at a Mac Book Air but had heard that they are not making them anymore, so the long and the short of it is I walked out with a Mac Book.  I have always wanted one and thought, well you can imagine what I thought.  She is called Betsy May Jackson.  Betsy May after the little scooter I had on Ko Mak the little Thai island I visited and Jackson after Andy's friend David who gave me valuable support and advice on my purchase. I was served by a very easy on the eye, Italian man (got to get your moneys worth) who made the whole experience even more enjoyable.  However, even I said that they were having a laugh trying to charge me 5p for a bag!  I mean, really?  I did sit on the bus cuddling my bag thinking I hope I do not get mugged. I also got free, as I am student a pair of Beats wireless headphones. I mean, really.  I did giggle as can you image me in them.  Needless to say, as I decided to upgrade form the Mac Book Air to the Mac Book I am going to sell the headphones (which are worth £250) which will pay virtually the difference between the Mac Book Air and Betsy May Jackson.  So go me, tonight has been spent getting used to the new buttons and gadgets and downloading and stuff.  You are a long time dead.  I see this every day in my job.

Thursday: That awful morning when you wake up and you think it is Friday.  Good day today mind as working out of one of the hospitals and it is so lovely to have a chat and laugh with colleagues.  

Ms Betsy May Jackson is a huge learning curve. Apple do things a lot differently to Windows. However, I am a quick learner and I will stick with it.  Early night and I made the fatal mistake of watching a programme that was primarily filmed in Stoke.  I will not be watching this again before bed as I had a terrible nights sleep.

Friday: Thank goodness it is Friday.  Beautiful morning in London and I had most of the windows in the flat open.  Today I received my course work for my degree. It scared the living daylights out of me.  I was terrified.  However, downloaded all the reading material and armed with marker pen, sticky note pads I was off.  But boy it is a bit scary.

More learning this evening with Ms Jackson.  I could not work out how to make a new folder for documents and how to actually save them; crucial stuff.  Andy sat with me and we figured it out as it is saved to the big cloud in the sky as well as on Ms Jackson herself.  I do not do too bad for an old bird.


As always, with my love x




2 comments:

  1. Well once you get a Mac you never go back. I resisted for years and then I couldn't believe I had been living in the dark for so long.
    And on the subject of dieting, I once started to write a book called 'life's too short to weigh your tomatoes', after spending so many years weighing everything I ate. For that for me to work now, I would need a PA to do all that for me.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. A few people have said this to me, all Mac users for life. However, I am finding myself bashing my work pc now expecting it to do things Ms BMJ does. I do not weigh anything (just the milk which is so much a day's allocation lasts me five days). If you can find a PA, get me one too, just for my life laundry would be good. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete