Friday 8 September 2017

Don't touch me, please I cannot stand the way you tease I love you though you hurt me so Now I'm gonna pack my things and go (Tainted Love - Marc Almond)

September.  Birthday month (again) so I wanted to choose someone who I have listened to a lot this year.  Marc Almond.  Such a beautiful voice and you do not realise how many hits he has had, and continues to have, over the years.  I have started with an oldie that most of you will know - Tainted Love.  Not an original song (obviously) but the best, in my opinion, cover version. I remember dancing to this in Ibiza, very drunk back in 1983.  Ahhh the memories.  So get those handbags in the middle of the floor and dance away this month with some wonderful songs.




Saturday:  Woke up and put on a face to face the world.  Today, and you guys are the only people to know this, so don't broadcast it, Andy and I joined Slimming World.  Neither of us are happy, neither of us have had a great year, we both have had numerous medical issues. It was an experience. I have done SW on and off all my life, but it was strange to have the talk with a southern accent.  There were three elderly women there who were totally bonkers and neither Andy or I could look at them for trying not to laugh.  It has to be done. So first target for me is one stone off before I go to NZ.  We have both made a pact to go each week and stay (it will kill us) and support each other. So watch this space.

I went to the pictures to see God's Own Country.  It was very, very good. It was about a guy who works on the family farm, long hours, nothing to do but drink and have casual sex. The another guy comes to help out on the farm and they form a relationship, but like all relationships it has it's moments.  The photography was stunning and the story was moving and the two main actors were memorising.  If you can get to see it, do so.

Back home and 'life laundry' and reading.  I heard something on the radio today that made me chuckle and took me right back to 'old life'.  There was a comedian on Radio 4 (I am sorry to say that I could not remember her name) who said that she had a teenage daughter and it was like living withe the Taliban, as she, the mother, would start singing or laughing at something and her daughter would say 'what are you laughing at, why are you singing, why are you wearing that' ........ I remember it oh so well.

Sunday:  Woke up with a headache.  Great.  I had a lazy morning in my room, reading and watching crap TV.  Actually, it was quite interesting as it was about Heathrow Airport and what goes on behind the scenes.  Amazing.  Andy and I went food shopping to stock up on food we can actually eat.  All well and we are ready to go.  I did say that I thought by now my clothes would be loose, but obviously not.

As always, with my love x




2 comments:

  1. Oh God I hate those slimming groups so much. That whole idea of applauding weight loss, but I suppose if it works.....
    and soft cell eh? I once had a bf who gave his mother a birthday present of a soft cell video. His mother was quite old; I doubt she knew who soft cell were. Of all the presents to buy your mum, I did think that was one of the weirdest.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. I feel your pain and yes, fortunately for me, it does work so have to stick at it. I did chuckle at your bf and the Soft Cell story. I live in hope ........ well I guess there is always hope if not much else at the moment lol. Love and stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete