Monday 11 September 2017

If I had another life And not the one I'm in I'd reach down into my soul And find a little love within I'd emerge as someone new Dressed in another skin Be someone who wants something more And not the fool I've been (A Kind Of Love - Marc Almond)

I have a friend Lee, who loves F1 and he is always telling me 'it is about the tyres Karen, it's the tyres'. Well for me it is always about the lyrics. A beautiful, new song from Marc Almond and the first time I heard it it made me cry.  I heard Marc Almond on the radio this morning with Alan Carr and he made me laugh out loud, literally, in the middle of the street. He comes across as a lovely man and a little bit of me is in love with him.  Andy said he looks forward to the day that Marc and I are fighting over the same fun.  Just suck any hope or happiness or out of me.  As always, enjoy.





Saturday:  Weigh in day (again).  All my life I have been doing this and still cannot believe after all these years I am still doing it.  I want to loose a stone before I go to New Zealand; this week I lost 6.5lbs and Andy lost 4.5lbs. Go us. We were both very pleased.  Back home a big brunch (all good stuff) then a trip to the supermarket for vegetables and fruit. Back home and in a minute of madness booked tickets to see Marc Almond at the Festival Hall in October. I am so excited about this and this is my birthday present to me. 

I made a lovely (even if I say so myself) Chinese Vegetable Curry for dinner and sat and watched Some Like It Hot.  I love this film.  I always have. It just makes me chuckle and it is one of my all time favourites.

Sunday:  Today, Andy and I went to see The Limehouse Golem.  I had read good and not so good things about it.  Personally, I enjoyed it.  It had the lovely Bill Nighy in it. It is about a Victorian serial killer and Bill Nighy's character has to solve the mystery.  It was very good and there was a twist at the end (which I will not spoil for anyone going to see it).  One of the characters in the film, Dan Leno, was played by Douglas Booth who bared an uncanny resemblance to Freddy Mercury.  All in all, a good film for a Sunday.

Back home and I watched a documentary on Aubrey Beardsley, thanks to my friend Ian, sending me the link. Rest of the day was preparing dinner and kicking back. Quiet night and yet another weekend over.


As always with my love x

No comments:

Post a Comment