Saturday 2 September 2017

The heart of the city street was beating Light from the neons turned the dark to day We were too hot to think of sleeping We had to get out before the magic got away (Running With The Night - Lionel Richie)

Yet another month has been and gone! What can I say? Slow down please.  So, for the last time, enjoy the energy of Lionel Richie.  As always, enjoy.




Monday:  A Bank Holiday - yay!  Today I met my friend Ian for lunch.  We met at Islington and went to Wahaca and had a lovely time.  It was great food and good company and we caught up on all our news.  The time, as always flew by, but it was so lovely to see him again.

Did some shopping before going home and then caught up with all Andy's news from his weekend away.  We then sat and watched Game of Thrones; the last episode.  It was so good and I really do not know how I am going to wait two years for the final episodes. 

I have had a lovely week off work and really do not want to be going back to work tomorro.  But all good things have to come to an end.


Tuesday:  So back to work; holiday over.  I was dreading logging on and checking my emails, but it was not too bad and I still feel as if I have had a holiday and a proper break.  Work done and dusted and it was back home to the usual stuff and nuisance.  Andy and I watched Bake Off and laughed at all the silly, childish, innuendos.  I know, how old.  I guess I am on the big countdown now to November.

Wednesday:  It looks as if summer is over .... sigh. Grey, wet day and not very warm either.  Working from home this morning then out and about this afternoon.  I am missing having Jackie around. It was so good to have a 'girlie' friend here to chat and laugh with about 'women's things'.

So today, in the rain, I caught a bus and arrived where I need to be ........ on Thursday.  Sigh, I know. Ten stops later, on the right bus, I was where I needed to be.  Quiet night catching up our news and watching trash TV.  This will all stop come October.

Thursday:  So today, I caught a bus and arrived where I was yesterday, today. Sigh.  I actually had a lunch break today and went round the shops in Lewisham. This made me smile as, when I was a child, my auntie and uncle lived in Lewisham and I can remember going to visit them and going shopping in the town.  Needless to say it has changed a great deal.  I bagged a bargain. A new, full length winter, woollen coat for £30.  I will take that thank you.  I almost bought a new waterproof jacket in Next too, but when I took it to the till it had a mark on it.  I will look on line later.

Friday:  Felt a bit meh today.  I know why.  I saw a programme last night where on two separate occasions there were adults talking about their parents and
how terrible they had been i.e.with substance misuse but how they still loved them. Then I watched a programme on gender and children and how only 13% of scientists and engineers are women.  I told my Meg from her sitting in a highchair being fed that she could be anything she wanted to be.  I remember my bitch, troll, ex mother in law buying her a toy vacuum cleaner saying 'now you can help your mum clean up'.  I went to Toys R Us the next day and brought her a tool box and said 'now you can go and help your dad'. She had non of that pink stuff. She did have Barbie but it was donated from her cousins. I installed in her that because she is a woman it means she can do whatever she bloody well wants.  But, I guess, like so many other things, all that has been forgotten now.  I did a good job as a Mum; I did a great job.  It is just so unfair and cruel.

As always, with my love x







2 comments:

  1. Yes I hate all that pink stuff when you go into toy shops. So little girls get the choice to either be a girly girl or to shun pink and be a tomboy. I used to buy a lot of pink for myself, because I really love the colour, but these days I try to wean myself off of it because I hate the assumption that girls love pink. They make a new phone and bring out a version in pink 'for the ladies'.
    I'm sure you were a great mum. Maybe your daughter will only appreciate it later in life and if she has kids of her own.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Yep me too, that is why she hardly had any of it and it is all constructed by society any way. Yep, I was a good Mum, regardless of what that bunch of wan(3rs think of me. Hugs and stuff xx

    ReplyDelete