Sunday 5 February 2017

Can you hear them They talk about us Telling lies Well that's no surprise Can you see them See right through them They have no shield No secrets to reveal (Our Lips Are Sealed - Fun Boy Three)

Terry Hall, along with  used to terrify me.  It is his eyes. They are soulless.  I am sure he is a nice bloke but does not stop me from thinking that I really would not like to find myself on my own with him.  So as always, enjoy.




 Saturday:  I made myself make an effort today. You know, drag yourself up and out, paint on a smile and face the world.  I went to have my nails done. To be honest, I do not really like the colour but was too polite to say that I had changed my mind.  My nails are now like a Twitter blue and I guess that sums up my mood.  Left the shop and made my way to Picturehouse Central and watched Jackie.

The first 20 minutes were a bit slow to be honest but things soon picked up and it was a really good film.  All those lovely Chanel suits and 60's make up and hair.  Obviously, I had some knowledge of the store of JFK and his assassination. However, this film was really interested.  John Hurt played Jackie Kennedy's priest and he was, as always, fantastic in what was probably his last screen performance. He said a line that really touched my heart. So to not quote word for word he said 'The darkness will always be there, but some days will be brighter than others'.  Ain't that the truth.  A really good film and would recommend.

Back home for an hour and pottered around and received a message from my friend Kim who I used to work with in Stafford to say that her and her daughter want to come to London for a day in March and meet up. How lovely is this, that they want to come and see me.  I am feeling so blessed at the moment. I then I went to my dear friends Hannah and Emma's home.  They had invited me over and said just come as you are as they understand how I am feeling at the moment.  Hannah cooked the most amazing food.  It was so lovely and the flavours were out of this world. It was a vegan pizza with tomatoes, olives, broccoli, pumpkin seeds and load more.  I did not want it to end.  It was delicious. For desert she had made chocolate orange pots and me and chocolate orange are best friends. So rich and wonderful.  I was totally spoilt.  We all sat in their flat talking about life, art (they are both artists), men, travelling, spirituality and memories. I felt so blessed and loved there, I cannot tell you. I left their flat at 1.15 am and made my way home on the ever faithful 188 bus.

Sunday:  I never woke up until 10.30. Caught up with Andy who thought I was in bed asleep when he come in and did not realise I was out! So funny. Busy morning, washing, tidying and packing.  Yes packing.  Tomorrow I am away with work for two days.  Not really looking forward to it, but that is because of my mood.  That done it was time to kick back catching up on blog and stuff.

So case packed, chores done and Andy and I sat down to watch the end of Desperate Romantics.  We then had a face pack each. So funny. We looked like Smurfs! Our faces were blue.  We then started watching Beautiful People again. Oh how I love this programme. Meg and I used to watch this too.  It is brilliant. If you have never seen it I would really recommend it.  We laughed and our face packs cracked! So funny. The characters in the programme say they will move to London and live with the beautiful people.  Just like me and Andy I guess.

As always, with my love x




2 comments: