Sunday 5 February 2017

Just a perfect day You made me forget myself I thought I was Someone else, someone good (Perfect Day - Lou Reed)

You will all know this one and I bet you sing along too.  I chose this one really for Tuesday.  If only I could have one more perfect day. As always, enjoy.



Monday: Again. The weeks are flying by. Grey in London which summed up my mood.  I worked at the Bermondsey Square Hotel again today and got loads of work done. Very productive day.  I heard from my friend Kim today who sent me the most lovely message. I cried. Not a good look when you are sitting in the foyer of a busy hotel.  It is strange how you can loose something so precious to you that leaves you in so much pain; yet, ironically, gain so much from others. But it is still not enough.

So quiet Monday evening, watching worldwide events pan out and once again divide friends and family.  We really are living in scary times.

Tuesday Megan's 23rd Birthday:  So it arrives again.  Five years wasted. I cried then got out of bed.  I had tickets for the Sky Garden today and the weather did it's best; it was raining and cloudy and I could not even see The Shard.  I cancelled the ticket - there was no point.  I eventually got dressed and went out.  You could not see the Sky Garden from Waterloo Bridge so that confirmed my thoughts that I needed to cancel.

I made my way to Covent Garden and to the Clique shop for a make over of sorts.  I needed a new foundation and a lovely guy called Grant gave me some advice and samples. Treated myself to a new mascara and lipstick and made my way up to Tottenham Court Road. Treated myself to a new bag too, I do need one to replace the lovely, now worn out one I purchased in Cambodia.

Nothing to buy in Oxford Street so down to my cinema where I treated myself to coffee and birthday cake for Meg.  I went to see Trainspotting 2. Excellent and very nostalgic.  It is scary to think where twenty years have gone. I really enjoyed the film and for me, Spud will always be my favourite.

caught a bus up to Hoxton and went for a coffee (which was awful) then had a total meltdown and come home.  I could not face my drawing class, there was no point. Back home had quick heart to heart with Andy (that boy puts up with so much) and then went to bed.  It was over.

Wednesday:  New dawn; new day. It is February. Worked from home today and got a lot done and that was about it to be honest.  I had some work to do in the evening.  But nothing exciting to report.

Thursday:  Thursday come and went. I had to work late but I really enjoyed the people I was working with, so all good.  Back home and I was wide awake and ended up speaking to my friend Jackie in New Zealand on Facetime.  We had a good old natter and it was just like she was in the other room.  I was snuggled up in bed as it was midnight and she was thinking of lunch.  How crazy is that. We do miss each other and I really cannot wait until I go and visit her.  We were talking about what we were going to do and see.  Something to look forward too.

Friday:   Long, non-stop day today working out of the hotel.  Back home and spent two hours talking with my friend Cherise from Stoke.  We laughed, cried, laughed and cried.  Once again, I do miss girlie time.  You know when you just have a coffee and sit and try to put the world to right. It was so lovely to hear from her and all her exciting news.  This time will pass.

As always, enjoy x

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you get to see Trainspotting. I have to wait until 23rd.
    And what is it about blokes working on cosmetic counters now? Really don't want some man fiddling with my face.
    Other than that, what can I say? Better that you've got the day over with for another year?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah Trainspotting 2 was brilliant. I watched Trainspotting 1 last night and now want to go and see 2 again! I just love Spud. He's my favourite. I know the bloke in Clinique was very young too :( but would not be interested in me, no matter how beautiful he made me look lol. Hugs and love xx

    ReplyDelete