Monday 13 February 2017

I've never been closer I've tried to understand That certain feeling Carved by another's hand But it's too late to hesitate We can't keep on living like this Leave no track Don't look back (Temptation - Heaven 17)

I used to like Heaven 17 and this song. Released in 1983 which was a good year for me. Oh if I knew then what I know now. How life would have been so different. That's about it really, not much else to say about it, so enjoy.



Saturday:  Busy morning. I wanted a scotch egg.  Don't ask, I do not know why!  I decided in my wisdom to walk to Maltby Street Market via Hej coffee. I set off, finally, and it was snowing. I mean, snowing in London and it was bitterly cold.  I got my coffee and went to the market and purchased some free range eggs, something I cannot really find in London, a good, golden yellow egg and then the scotch egg which was covered in lentils.  I wanted some olives but there was nowhere there to buy any.  I ended up walking, in the cold rain, to Borough Market which, much to my anger, was full of tourists and children.  It is half term!  

Got to my lovely olive stall and had a chat with the gorgeous Italian guy who works there ..... sigh and battled to make my way home.  I had gone round in a huge circle.  Scotch egg consumed, and very nice it was too, I started to cook as tonight Emma and Hannah were coming over.  I made a vegan chocolate mousse made with avocado and coconut cream and a Mediterranean vegetable bake thing.  It was strange to be cooking again, but I did enjoy it. Hannah and Emma arrived and we sat and ate and laughed.  They really are so lovely and I feel so blessed that I have them in my life.  We sat and watched Trainspotting 1 which made me feel like an OAP as Hannah was so young when she first watched it, with her Mum and Dad!  We thought that was hysterical.

Time moved on and it was time for them to go home.  We had such a great evening, such good company.  We really must do it again soon.

Sunday:  Terrible nights sleep and needless to say at 7.30 I was wide awake! I did not get up, no point, nothing to rush for.  When I finally dragged myself out of bed I made my way up to Foyes Bookshop in Charing Cross Road where I went to the cafe and sat reading my book.  I should not be allowed in books shops as I ended up buying two books.  One, a copy of the book I am currently reading again 'Five People You Meet On The Way To Heaven' and then Grayson Perry's book on masculinity. So it is official; I now have £30 to last me to pay day!  I really need to earn more money.  Made my way to the Odeon in Leicester Square as the film I wanted to see was not showing anywhere else. I went to see Timothy Spall in Denial.  It was about the court case between Professor Deborah Lipstadt and David Irving. I actually saw some of this being filmed last year when I passed the Royal Courts of Justice one Sunday.  It really was a good film. I do like a good court room drama and this one was a true story.

Back home fed and watered and I was really tired. Which really was not a surprise as I was awake so early.  Went to bed and watched the BAFTAs and was delighted that I, Daniel Blake won an award. That was such a good film.  I have a long and difficult week in front of me and needless to say, not looking forward to it.  I will take each day as it comes and congratulate myself for surviving each one.  Then, on Friday, I am on TOIL and I will relax.

As always, with my love x



2 comments:

  1. So there is such a thing as a veggie scotch egg then? I knew there must be but just never seen them.
    I can't really remember the transporting movie now; it seems such a long time since I watched it. I tried to read the book once but it was all written in Scottish dialogue and too hard going for me.
    Hope your week is working out not so bad :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinnae worry, we all ken it one way or t'other.

    ReplyDelete