Tuesday 13 June 2017

The first to put a simple truth in words Binds the world in a feeling all familiar 'Cause everybody owns the great ideas And it feels like there's a big one round the corner (New York Morning - Elbow)

A song about New York and how it was built by immigrants and about how the people who live there have a way of figuring it all out.  If only life were that simple.  As always, enjoy.




Saturday:  Off to the East this morning for the second part of my voluntary work training.  I had not received an email so 'assumed' it would be the same time. Arrived at Aldgate and went into Pret for my new love: Coconut Latte and and sat and watched the world go by, because as always, I was early.  Arrived at the charity only to find I was late and that the training started at 9.30.  I am never late, it never happens. The guy who was organising it all was so apologetic I felt for him.

The training was informative and interesting and I am still trying to figure out my role in this organisation. I know there is one there for me, it is just about,
like everything else, figuring it all out.  Got back home around 6.20 and cooked my dinner.  I was talking to my friend Jackie via text in the week and she summed it all up.  I have to make every choice, every decision.  Where to go, what to do, when to do it, what to cook.  Even when I go out to eat I have to choose.  It is so lovely when someone says oh I had this and it was lovely. Someone else's choice.  I am tired of making every decision.

Sunday:  I had no intention of getting up early this morning.  I am just so tired. Andy put the 'blankie' up the window for me so that the daybreak would not wake me up.  I finally woke up properly just after 9.00am.  Watched some more car crash TV politics.  When or where will that mess end. Caught up with
Versailles and then dragged my sorry carcass out of my bed.  It is a lovely day today but I really cannot sum up the energy or enthusiasm to drag myself out. It would be no different if I was still in the North. Everyone has family or partners and spend most of their time with then. I really do not have the energy today to keep 'putting myself out there'.

So a lazy, pointless day and to top it off I really could not get to sleep this evening either.  Oh hum.

As always, with my love x



No comments:

Post a Comment