Sunday 18 June 2017

When out of a doorway the tentacles stretch Of a song that I know and the world moves in slow-mo Straight to my head like the first cigarette of the day (The Bones Of You - Elbow)

Beautiful song, the music the lyrics.  It is about when you hear a song, smell a smell, see something familiar and it just takes you back to that time and that place.  As always, enjoy.



Monday:  Another week in front of me.  Working from home today and I did not stop.  I tell you, I work so hard when at home.  Quiet evening with me going to my room at 8.30 and safe in the arms of Orpheus by 9.45.  Just rock and roll.

Tuesday:  In the office today for meetings and it was good to touch base. Had lunch with a dear work colleague and caught up on all the gossip and news. Really close this evening.  Andy had a bad day so I cooked macaroni cheese for dinner.  It was rather nice even if I say so myself. 

Wednesday:  Terrible news overnight.  Huge, awful fire in a block of flats in West London.  Sad stories of horrific events. Awful, just awful.  Work took me to Guy's Hospital again.  It really makes me smile and I wonder what my Dad wold make of it all.  Afterwards, myself and lead volunteers went for a drink, in a little cafe, sitting outside.  I had to laugh as it overlooked the one place where I got a parking ticket.  Back in 1991 my Dad was dying and I was in Stoke and got a call to get home quick. I drove down to London and could not find anywhere to park, so parked on a yellow line, resulting in me getting a parking ticket.  And here I was, some 26 years later, drinking diet coke, right by that place.  Madness.

Called in Borough Market as it reopened today after the terrorist attack. It was very quiet when I was there and not all the stalls were open.  I went and got my lovely olives from my favourite place but the mushroom pate stall was not opened.  I am sure it will all soon get back to 'normal'.  Called in the library on the way home as I wanted to get a couple of books on a particular subject. This resulted in me staying in the library, reading said book. I was approached by a couple in their late twenties, early thirties asking me if I would try a new app they are developing.  I was happy to help. They said they would buy me a coffee but it was fine, I had one.  I tried their app and it was really good.  I said to them that I am quite clued up on technology for my age.  They were lovely. I hope it works out well for them.

Thursday:  Another day; another hospital.  Today I was having an office day at King's Hospital.  It was really good and it was so lovely to have someone to have a conversation with.  I also got a lot of work done. Afterwards, I went to get my nails done.  It is such a lovely treat and was so pleased with it. Did what most people in London do on the way home, called in the supermarket to get something for dinner and then home.

I have just seen that Prince Harry was at Borough Market today.  Typical, just typical.  He could not have been there yesterday when I went could it.  That would be too much to ask. I think he is lovely ......... well for a ginger!  Yes, I can say that as I was living with one for over 20 years.

Friday:  Beautiful hot day today in London, but not good for being on a bus. Quiet day and evening, but all is well.

As always, with my love x



No comments:

Post a Comment