Monday 26 June 2017

Lippy kids on the corner again Lippy kids on the corner begin settling like crows Though I never perfected that simian stroll But the cigarette scent, it was everything then Do they know those days are golden? Build a rocket boys! (Lippy Kids - Elbow)

A beautiful song about childhood memories.  A time when everything felt so simple, no stress, no worries. Precious memories.  I heard Elbow at Glastonbury last night and had my own little gig in my room. Guy Garvey has the most amazing voice and the lyrics are just pure joy.  As always, enjoy.



Saturday:  I slept like a baby ....... finally.  I think it was after the day out, the sunshine, the blanket at the window. Bliss. Usual lazy start to Saturday catching up on Versailles, which is now finished.  What shall I do?  Bed changed, washing on, vacuum cleaner put round. The weather was as confused as me.  I nipped up to Sainsbury's to get some food as the fridge was very bare.  Back home and I had a 'Life Laundry' day. Someone shared that phase with me and it is so appropriate.

First job, bank statement, pay rent, bills then survive on what is left. Second job, update blog.  Third job ......... work on application for university.  Now who would have thought I would have ever be saying that again.  Exciting by terrifying; a contradiction just like the weather today.

Sunday:  Working today.  Yes, you did read that correctly.  It was OK and the day went really quick to be honest.  Lazy evening but a terrible night's sleep again.  I do not think I will be late out of bed Monday night.

So a pretty non-eventful weekend in some ways; yet totally bonkers in others. C'est la vie.

As always, with my love x


No comments:

Post a Comment