Sunday 27 August 2017

Oh that's why I'm easy I'm easy like Sunday morning yeah That's why I'm easy I'm easy like Sunday morning (Easy - Lionel Richie)


Well technically, not just Lionel, but it is my blog so I can do what I want and it is a Sunday morning.  And this morning, trust me, I do feel lazy.  As always, enjoy.





Saturday:  So today I left London and caught a train from Liverpool Street to Norwich.  I have been to Norwich on numerous occasions in both past lives and always found it a lovely place.  However, I have never been there by train. The purpose of my visit was to visit my friend Sandra.  We studied at the OU together and both of us cannot remember how many years this was, but far too many.  We have never met but today we were putting this right.

Sandra met me at the station and we
hugged and said hello and then Sandra whisked me away in her car to Wroxham which is basically the Norfolk Broads. The whole town (and I use the word town loosely).  Is owned by a family called Roy.  So you have Roy's toy shop, Roy's Supermarket, Roy's Department store. I did wonder if Roy had a son, who was single .........

Wroxham is a very pretty place with plenty of boats and Sandra had arranged a boat trip for us.  It was so lovely and peaceful.  An Edwardian type electric boat and we cruised up the broads chatting and laughing away as if we had known each other for years.  Which, let's face it we have.

We went for some lunch and sat outside by the water and the swans were

swimming around.  It was so lovely and relaxing.  We mooched around the shops (all owned by this Roy).  Then Sandra took me to a place called Mousehold.  It is a heath that overlooks the whole of Norwich and the view was spectacular.  It really is a beautiful city.  It was soon time for me to get back to the station and back home.

Smooth trip back to the smoke.  I cannot believe how urbanised I have become; I am like a fox. It was good to get home to the noise, filth, black faces (and yes I can say that because it is fact), no one speaking English as the city is full of the rest of the word and my flat.  However, it was so good to see and meet up with Sandra after all these years.  A memory day.

Got home and poured myself a couple of gins in my new gin glasses and delicious it was too but needless to say, they, along with being out and about, made me feel very sleepy and it did not take me long to drop off to sleep.  A really lovely, memorable day.  Thank you Sandra.

Sunday:  Bit of a restless night but I slept in until 9.30am.  Lazy moo.  Andy had a friend staying the weekend so I said my hello (I do know him) and had
my breakfast in my room to give him the lounge  The sun was shining and I did not know what to do today.  In the end, I decided to go to the cinema and took myself off to see Dunkirk.  I had read mixed reviews about it and knew that if I did not go and see it today, it would be finished soon.

It was very, very moving and loud.  Every bomb made me, literally, jump out of my seat.  It was a deeply moving film that made me quite emotional and just made me think of the sacrifices of others and if it was not for them, where would be today.  It really was a scary thought and I guess a sign of getting old and grown up.

It has been a great weekend.


As always, with my love x


No comments:

Post a Comment