Sunday 27 August 2017

As we go down life's lonesome highway Seems the hardest thing to do is to find a friend or two That helping hand Some one who understands (Say You, Say Me - Lionel Richie)



Not much to say about this song, just a beautiful tune and lovely words. Tissues anyone?  As always, enjoy.


Saturday:  So I could have laid in bed today but my body clock decided that I should be awake at 7.00am ....... sigh.  Washed and dressed I decided to go to Birkbeck to stake out the library.  I was in for a treat.  The library is massive. I have never seen so many books on gender, sexuality, race, class or life.  I was up ladders, crawling on my hands and knees collecting books.  So many books; such little time.

I will need to spend so much time in that library and I just wish that I had more time to read more books. Left college and caught the bus up to Soho as this afternoon I was volunteering again.  Different people this time who probably looked at me as if to say what is this woman doing here.  Two hours later and plenty of sparkle, all was well.  I met some really interesting people again today and everyone, except on bloke who was very confrontational, were a delight. In fact when the guy was being 'awkward' three other guys come to my rescue and gave me a huge hug and thanked me.  More positive vibe than the one negative and I also encouraged two people to be tested; one who has never been tested. Brilliant, just brilliant.

I took Japanese food home for dinner and Andy and I watched To Wong Foo, thanks for everything Julie Newmar.  It was brilliant.  An American Priscilla. So, so funny and I really do not know why I had not seen it before. 

Sunday:  Up and out to Aldi.  I had no choice. I had not food in and my friend arrives tomorrow.  Three big bags and bus ride later, I got home exhausted. It really should be an Olympic sport shopping in London.

Had my lunch and got my energy back and it was time to do the ironing.  I really do not know how I managed before in past life, because now I am absolutely crap!

Relaxing rest of the day, but this is OK as I have such a busy week ahead. 

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. Just been browsing your post as I do now and then, reading your posts about Roys of Wroxham-and guess what I am married to Roy (you had forgotten that hadn't you) however not this one. Glad you had a good dayxx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha you little tinker. I bet it is you lol. It was such a memory day. Thank you Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete