Sunday 27 August 2017

Well, my friends, the time has come Raise the roof and have some fun Throw away the work to be done Let the music play on (All Night Long - Lionel Richie)

Another classic which will, hopefully, make you smile and at the least, tap your toes. As always, enjoy.




Monday:  So begins another week.  You really would not believe it is August if you look out of the window.  Working from home in the morning and then suffering the delights of Lewisham in the afternoon.  I called into Aldi on the way home, who said living in London was not exciting, and then carried two very heavy shopping bags home on the bus.  This really should be an Olympic sport you know.  Food shopping in London.

Lazy night catching up on Game of Thrones, which was so exciting. I have now updated my man requirement to: 'preferential treatment will be given to any man with a dragon'.

Tuesday: The big news today was I had to make my choices for the first year of my University degree.  It was a tough decision as me, being me, wanted do most of them.  The first course: Theorising Gender is compulsory but then I had to choose two other modules for the rest of the year.  I finally decided on Victorian Masculinities: Sexuality, Performativity and Representation and the other module is:  Gender, Sexuality and Criminal Justice.  Something to get my teeth into. The reading list for the Victorian Masculinities is huge.  So next time any of you see me, I will have my head in a book. Nothing new there then I guess.

Wednesday:  Meh day today.  A typical hump day.  Nothing exciting. Nothing boring.  Just meh.  The weather was absolutely vile.  It did not stop raining all day and I had another hospital appointment then a Gp appointment, by which time I was totally drenched.  It would have been an ideal duvet day, but I had work to fit in somewhere in between being examined.  Early night.  Where is the sunshine?

Thursday:  Interesting day today.  Our team at work are having a Fantasy Football League.  Now as many of you know, I am partial to a bit of footie and there are many a football player I can fantasise over ...... So my time are called Beguiling Guys FC and the majority of them are tall, dark, broad and gorgeous. I have obviously picked them by their football attributes .... NOT!

Friday:  Not the best of the days.  Yet another trip to another hospital for something different this time.  All I would say is, it really is not much fun being a woman at times.  Called in to say goodbye to someone I know who is leaving their job and spent a good half an hour chatting and laughing. You know me; I collect people and we have promised to keep in touch.  Briefly saw my friend Emma and we exchanged our V&A membership and Tate membership. However, by now I was not feeling very well and quite uncomfortable so caught the bus home and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening lying on my bed feeling rather meh!  Joy, oh joy.


As always, with my love x



No comments:

Post a Comment