Sunday 27 August 2017

You came in That's what my little heart was looking for Laughter in the rain Feeling like a fool in love again (My Destiny - Lionel Richie)


Oh I do like this song. I think it is one of my favourites, but I will probably say that at least four times more this month.  Beautiful words, cracking tune (even though DJ Andy thinks it sounds like Wet, Wet, Wet) and I just have to sing along.  As always, enjoy.



Saturday:  So today I start (again) my volunteering.  The irony of it is, is that Andy is having some of his mates over to play board games, whilst I troll the streets of Soho.  I am so pleased I am living with a person who does not fit the 'normative' gender roles that society places on us.

So today I started my volunteering in Soho.  I met my new colleagues and then went into many of the pubs, bars and clubs of Soho telling people about free HIV testing and handing out condoms.  It was great.  In fact, the only people who let the whole afternoon down were a group of 'heterosexuals' who thought the whole thing was hysterical. Pathetic. Also, they were about my age too which made it worse. I wanted to say to the woman who could not stop laughing 'do you know your status and do you know what he gets up too morning, noon and night because I swear I have seen him on Tinder', but I didn't.  It said more about them than me. That aside, all the guys a spoke to were just lovely.  Some were chatting and most of them gave me a smile back.  I really enjoyed it and thought that I was making a difference. We also got 6 people come along and get tested.  So that was great.

I called into Boots to stock up on more Clinique as, once again, it was on offer. This time the whole experience was charming and the woman who served me was so lovely, considering it was Boots at Piccadilly so it was heaving. Went and had a swift coffee (I thought I had earned it) then went home.  Andy's mates were still over so I was happy to go to my room and watched a film on Netflix - The Circle. I read the book a couple of years ago when I first come to London and the film did not disappoint.  Catch it if you can.

Sunday:  I had that Sunday morning feeling this morning and needless to say, it took me a long time to motivate myself.  I had decided that now my feet are looking 'kind of normal' I would like some flip flops.  This is easier said than done as the ones I wanted, some Birkenstock, are not sold everywhere.  But I tracked some down in Schuh and reserved them.  Called into the library to collect some books and then up to the West End.  God help me. It was vile. So busy, full of tourists walking five across!  I got my lovey new shoes and then just made my way home. No point torturing yourself more than you have too.

We started to watch Dirty Dancing again (it only recorded half of it last time). Guess what happened? It recorded just a little bit more this time. Hysterical. We did laugh.  Anyway, it is on Channel 5 (again) at 5.00 so we have set it up to record once again.  I feel that I am now watching this film like GoodFellas (which I still have not seen yet, I am savouring the moment).

So my critique of Dirty Dancing was, to say the least, very harsh.  I guess in 1963 hearing a song from the mid 80's would have been exciting.  I gave it a 6 out of 10 and an OK film on a wet, summer's afternoon.


As always, with my love x




No comments:

Post a Comment