Sunday 27 August 2017

What is happening here? Something is going on That's not quite clear (Dancing on the Ceiling - Lionel Richie)


Hello August! August! I often think of Dave and his gorgeous Christmas tree and that was 8 months ago.  Crazy.  Anyway, less of that and on to this month's artist.  We all love a bit of Lionel Richie, it makes you want to sing and dance (well it does me anyway). So let's start off with a classic.  Remember to sing along.  I bet you do.  As always, enjoy.




Monday:  Well it is not your usual start to the week. This morning I am flying to Belfast for work.  I have never been to Belfast or Northern Ireland before.  I refused to go as they renamed their airport the George Best City Airport and for years I had an issue with the footballer.  He died from liver failure, after being given a new liver.  My father died from liver failure and was never offered a new liver.  I shall park that there.

Lovely flight on Aer Lingus and the plane was called Saint Declan.  All their planes are named after saints. Caught the bus to the city centre and had a break down in communication in Subway.  I could not understand a word the bloke was saying to me, I just nodded and randomly said yes every now and then.  Then I gave them a £10 note and got some paper Irish £5 note back. That was very much the theme of the whole time I was there, me trying not to collect more shite money that I would never have got rid of back in London.

My room was not ready when I arrived to check in but I did not have to wait long and they upgraded me to an executive room.  So I had a lovely huge bed to get comfy in.  I decided I would go out for a few hours then work in the evening.  So I finally found the bus that would take me to the Titanic exhibition. In all fairness, it would have been quicker and easier to find the Titanic on the ocean floor.  I had another breakdown in communication with the bus driver who sold me two single tickets as he assumed I was the mother of some random child on the bus! I did smile as he gave me the £1.50 back. Now that would never have happened in London.

The exhibition was quite good actually.  I do think they are exploiting the fact that the Titanic was built in Belfast and that is about that.  That aside, it was OK.  I would have liked to seen more of the social history side of it, as opposed to how they actually built it.  But it was a good way to spend a couple of hours. My friend David had told me about a pub called The Crown and I went in there as it was only up the road from my hotel and had a sneaky, well earned G&T. Then back to the lovely hotel and kicked back and checked some emails and then went down to the bar for some dinner.  All very nice. Back to my room and a lazy couple of hours and a good nights sleep.

Tuesday:  Made my way on the bus and promptly got dumped on my a sea gull. I know it is supposed to be lucky but it did not feel lucky at all.  On the way to the office I passed some estates that had the flags flying.  It is a very strange place, like stepping back in time. The people seem friendly enough.  Found the office and the meeting was very, very productive.  Caught a cab back to the airport and my flight home.  So a whistle stop trip to Belfast but it was good and I was thankful of the opportunity to be able to do it.


Also, on the way home, we flew up the Thames, seeing all the sights and literally right over my flat.  If only I could have got out there how much easier would that have been.



My flat is here, can you spot it?


Wednesday:  Busy day work wise as catching up.  I also had a hospital appointment (another private one) and it went really well.  But it still does not feel comfortable with me.  However, it was very productive and we seem to be getting to the top and bottom of what could be wrong we me.

Not the easiest of days to be honest so Andy and I cooked macaroni cheese and stuffed our faces, as you do, to make yourself feel better.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Thursday:  Busy again, writing the report for my trip to Belfast.   (But a productive day so all good.  The weather is still pants in London.  In fact, it looks more like October than August.  

Quiet night catching up on our week and I really cannot believe it is the weeken almost again.

Friday:  Back to the posh totty private hospital this afternoon for some more tests.  I tell you, if you have money you can have it all (I don't and won't get it all).  Lovely staff and everything so clean and quiet. Anyway tests done, I made my way home again. 

I have finally completed my application for Uni and my place is secured and paid for (well a deposit).  I now have my options to choose from and that is where the fun started as I wanted to do all of them.  So many courses, such little time. I have to do a core model which is mandatory, then I have to chose another two modules for the new year.  It looks now as if I will be doing the MA not the MSc. I was just like this with my first degree, chopping and changing.  Oh well, I will figure it out.


As always, with my love x

No comments:

Post a Comment