Monday 30 January 2017

Well, I'm just a modern guy Of course, I've had it in the ear before 'Cause of a lust for life 'Cause of a lust for life (Lust for Life - Iggy Pop)

Trainspotting.  I never got to see the original at the cinema. Meg was two years old.  When I finally got to see the film a few years later, I fell totally in love with it's energy and the message it was sending.  Now Trainspotting 2 is out in the cinema and this time I will go to see it.  So here we are.

Choose Life.

Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.



Yep I chose that life and look how well it turned out for me ...........

Saturday:  Ewan McGregor has been raised to a God like status in my eye for refusing to sit anywhere near that dick Piers Morgan.  So a slow start to my Saturday. Then I was off. Cleaning, washing, ironing and shopping.  I cannot get the songs from La La Land out of my head and at one point said to Andy that we should just start dancing around our very dated shopping centre as if we were in LA.  We didn't.  However, I did have a fit of giggles in Superdrug as I was looking for some bubble baths stuff and one of them was called Paradise Island. I mean.  Really.  It just made me laugh, very loudly.  Before we went out I had to get on my knees and measure Andy's inner leg as he had to take some jeans to be taken up. Things you never think you would be doing.  

Whilst we were in our lovely Shopping Centre I had to go into Card Factory for a card and said to Andy I never ever want a man to buy me a Valentine's Day card or chocolates from Card Factory.  We then went past Poundland and all of a sudden, Card Factory looked up market.  No worries mind, I am not expecting (as usual) to receive anything.

Back home I kicked back with a big pot of my coffee and watched my new DVD I ordered.  Meg and I watched this series back in 2009 - Desperate Romantics as it aired on BBC2. It is a dramatisation about the Pre-raphealite Brotherhood. Beautiful. And very easy on my eye for so many reasons. They were using words such as being sweethearts and sending handwritten love letters to each other.  Well that is never going to happen in this day and age is it.

Sunday: The ultimate lazy Sunday. Another one of those days when I just could not get out of bed.  This is not good. I watched some crap on Netflix then finally showered and moved myself as I was out this evening.  I met my dear friends Hannah and Emma at the Mayflower pub for dinner.  It was so lovely to see them again as it had been ages since we last been together.  We caught up on all our news; good and not so good and laughed and cried. It was lovely. They really are such lovely people and I feel very blessed to have them in my life.

As always, with my love x
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so loved transporting and that whole list of things. Can't really believe how long ago it was. The new one doesn't open here until the end of the month.
    And Valentine day is completely overrated anyway. Just another excuse to sell us more useless consumer goods that we don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah It was like a trip down memory lane ...... just we have all got a lot older and very few of us any wiser. I do not do Valentine's Day it is a special day for me for other reasons as it is the day my dear Dad died. I have got my head around it now, it took some time but hey we are all going to die so what a great day to die. Mind you, it always costs me more in flowers lol hugs and love xx

    ReplyDelete