Saturday 8 April 2017

Coz I'll be you and you'll be me There's lots and lots for us to see There's lots and lots for us to do She is electric, can I be electric too? (She's Electric - Oasis)


This song makes me smile.  It is so chavy, I love it. No official video, so we will have to make do.  As always, enjoy.


Monday:  It is here again! Another week.  The day come and went and I actually thought that it will be Friday again before we know it.  Nothing mind blowing happened today; in fact, I had an early night as Andy was not well and went to his room so I thought I may as well go to bed and read my book.  How exciting I hear you cry.

Tuesday:  Really grey today, however that did not stop my hay fever from giving me a hell of a time.  I went out and about this afternoon putting up leaflets about my job.  It is so funny when I actually look at my new neighbourhood, it is so far removed from my previous life.  I cooked macaroni cheese for dinner and it was very nice even if I say so myself.  But I know, it is not fine dining.



Wednesday:  A little bit of excitement in what is really just a normal week. This morning, fist thing, I had to go the GP for 'small surgical procedure'.  How exciting.  Every time I go to my GP's I snigger. It is nothing like my old surgery in Stoke (and how I do miss my lovely GP from there) but it is a good surgery. I was greeted by the bloke on reception who looked like a rapper and told to go and wait outside.  I was called in an met the nurse who looked as if she had either come in from a night out or was just going to a heavy metal concert! Priceless. The GP and the nurse were lovely and surprise, surprise the GP said 'Oh I was not expecting this.  This is not what I thought it was going to be. How strange, it makes no sense'.  Makes perfect sense to me.  The strange and unusual follow me around; he obviously did not know that.  It certainly wasn't Holby City!

Procedure done and dusted and have to return in a week for the stitches to be taken out, I went home.  The GP said I will fill some pain and discomfort.  I haven't.  Busy work day and a quiet evening in.  I did think about going out to enjoy a bit of the sunshine and to grab a coffee but to be honest, I could not be bothered.  Oh and the breaking news!  Barry Manilow is gay. They will be saying the Pope is catholic next!  I mean, really. Of course he is as I have always liked Barry Manilow ............... the curse continues.

Thursday:  I lost my sunglasses today.  They did not deserve to die how they did.  I had this particular pair of Ray Bans for probably 10-11 years.  When I sold my car last year I left them in there and the bloke who bought my car posted them back to me.  But today they no longer become mine.   I know where I lost them.  In Tesco at Kennington.  I went to the Customer Service counter and the woman was far more optimistic than me saying that they will be handed it. They have not. I did not expect them to be handed in. So I guess it is someone else's time to enjoy them.  They are well travelled as they have been on all my overseas adventures with me.  I hope someone else will love them as much as I did.

Friday:  I was so pleased it was Friday today.  It had been a busy day work wise.  On and off busses all around London, sigh.  I needed alcohol and I was not ashamed to have it. Considering I have not had a drink since Christmas, because I thought if I did have a drink, I probably would not stop. So it was a quick (if anything in London is quick) dash into Tesco and then home (on yet another bus).  I drunk the whole bottle of wine. My excuse was it was from NZ and I was testing it.  I also had a rather lovely gin.

I went to bed. I did not wake once all night.  A good night's sleep for me. Andy did say that was good that I slept but I do not think getting drunk every night is the answer.  But give me a break; I have been sober since New Year's Eve.

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello Ian. I do not lie. I thought if I would start drinking I would not stop! All is well x

      Delete