Sunday 2 April 2017

Hold up Hold on Don't be scared, you'll never change what's been and gone. May your smile (may your smile) shine on (shine on). Don't be scared (don't be scared) your destiny may keep you warm. 'Cause all of the stars are fading away, just try not to worry you'll see them some day. Take what you need and be on your way and stop crying your heart out (Stop Crying Your Heart Out - Oasis)

I did not intend to choose Oasis this month.  I had another, completely different artist in mind, then I watched Supersonic, the documentary about Oasis and all those memories, lyrics and cords came back to me.  

This song is very dear to my heart.  The lovely Noel sums it up a treat.  I remember, when I was not only in exile in the north, but also exile in my bedroom, I would play this song thinking how apt the words were as ironically I cried my heart out.  In fact today, when I was on the bus and this song come on, so did the tears.  The words are so appropriate. JF loved Oasis and we actually went to see them in concert.  I wonder what he thinks (if anything) when he hears this song?  As always, enjoy.



Saturday:  Wide awake at silly o'clock so put Amazon Prime on and watched the Supersonic documentary about Oasis.  I wanted to go to the cinema to to see this but never got round to it.  It was very good.  The weather forecast was not good today (however, it turned out to be dry all afternoon ...... grrrrr!). So I decided to have a mooch over Greenwich.  I can catch a bus right outside of my flat that takes me right there.  Had a walk down by the river then the market and stopped off for tea and cake.  Sat reading my book, then went to do some shopping for bits and bobs and back home again. I did have the thought, and that all it was, a thought, about ironing my bed linen and putting the vacuum cleaner round but that never happened.  Instead, I watched two documentaries on Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson.  So interesting.  I am intrigued by that period in history and that woman had some amazing jewellery.  As I was home alone, I decided that I would have a nice, pamper and a soak in the bath whilst reading my book and drinking tea. Living it up my friends in London, living it up!

The bath soak never went to plan. There was I in all my glory (don't think of this too much) when I got the worse cramp of my life in my inner thigh. To say it hurt is a slight understatement.  I was out of that bath quicker than a greyhound out of a trap!  I was in agony.  It made me feel physically sick. In fact, I almost threw up.  I decided to lay on my bed with a throw over me feeling sorry for myself.  It was 9.30pm.  I awoke at 3.30am.  I had not heard Andy come home; not a peep!

Sunday:  Why is it when you have cramp it hurts for ages afterwards?  Today was no exception.  However, I had to get a grip as I was meeting my friends Emma and Hannah at Bond Street Station.  We went for the most delicious brunch at Deliciously Ella which was absolutely lovely.  I had rye toast with peanut butter and cashew butter.  It was so filling and so tasty.  We spent time catching up on all our news and what we had been up too.  Great times.

We popped into Paul A Young chocolates in Soho.  One of my favourite places.  Emma and Hannah had a cup of hot chocolate; I put on 5lbs just watching it being poured into a cup.  However, I did treat Andy and I to a chocolate brownie each.  I do have my beady eye on a rather lovely white chocolate Easter Egg.  We shall see. We then left and went to a shop in Covent Garden that sold pens, paper and arty stuff. I explained to Emma, whilst Hannah went in search for 'stuff' that I always wanted a tin of Caran d'ache crayons when I was at primary school.  A girl in my class, Karen Bulmer, had a tine and they were and still are, very expensive.  My Mum and Dad, bless them, gave me a tin for my birthday or Christmas it must of cost them a small fortune.  I can see the tin now, which has really not changed, it had the Swiss flat on it an a mountain.  Isn't it strange the things you carry with you all your life.

We then went to a fair called The Other Art Fair which was presented by Saatchi Art.  It displayed the art of 120 artists.  It was wonderful.  I did keep thinking I would bump into Dave; it never happened.  You could wander each exhibit and buy.  I saw a couple of pieces I really wished I a. could afford and b. have somewhere to actually put it.  So many talented people.  Amazing.  I really which I tried harder with art when I was at school.  

We then went for a quick cuppa before making our way home.  It had been a wonderful day.  Great company, warm weather and lots of laughter and love all finished off with a quiet night in.  Kicking back.  It has been a good weekend.

As always, with my love x



 

1 comment:

  1. Haven't they stopped this now? I got an email but I don't bother to read so many of my emails these days; never good news. But I think this may have been the last one.

    And Dave is Dave now eh? What happened to the pseudonym?

    ReplyDelete