Wednesday 19 April 2017

Today is gonna be the day That they're gonna throw it back to you By now you should've somehow Realized what you gotta do (Wonderwall - Oasis)




Classic Oasis.  Enough said.  Enjoy.





Saturday:  A trip to the seaside today.  How exciting. I have a new work colleague who lives in Folkestone. We hit it off the minute we clapped eyes on each other at work and she said come down to see me.  So you know what I am like with the sea. I don't have to be told twice and it is years since I have been to Folkestone.  So I caught the train from St Pancras International.  I do like that station and found myself drawn to the Eurostar.  However, got on my train and bagged a window seat, table and plug.  The golden trio and was well happy.

Met my friend a the station and we went to a delightful hotel that overlooked the sea, for some coffee.  Then walked into the town for the obligatory fish and chips.  You just have to have this at the seaside don't you.  They were so nice too and I had to have the picked egg as well.  We then walked down to the sea front.  I guess it has been thirty years since I last went to Folkestone and it has changed.  But it was so good to be by the sea again. We found a pub, of course we did, and shared a bottle of dry white. Her friend turned up and we had a good old laugh. I then went to Julie Andrew's flat (I shall give her this name which is appropriate) for some coffee then her friend and her dropped me off at the station.

It was such a lovely day. It was good to get out of London for a few hours, but even though it was by the sea, I was so happy to get back to the mayhem of city life.  Sat with Andy and caught up on the news.  It had been a great day.  I would like to live by the sea at some point in my life.  I guess I cannot see that happening, but you never know.  Julie Andrew's flat over looked the sea and had a cracking view.  I guess you have to hold on to your dreams.  Just need to win the lottery.

Sunday:  Quite day today.  Well it is Easter Sunday.  I stayed in my PJs until later on in the day and spent most of the day playing board games with Andy whilst we scoffed our faces with Easter Eggs.  Needless to say, I beat him which did not go down well.  I should not have won, I ended up crippled, diseased, envious, married I mean as if, imprisoned and then sent on a pilgrimage. Goodness knows how I won but I did.  So that was Easter.

Easter Monday:  Today was one of those days where I really just could not be bothered.  Andy went out and I just lazed around.  I could have sorted out my wardrobe but could not be bothered.  I did not sleep well the night before so had a little doze on the sofa whilst watching some crap TV that obviously sent me to sleep.  The weather was not so brilliant so that did not help.  So a lazy day it was.  But I guess this is what Bank Holidays are all about.

The evening was finished by my laptop dying.  It had been thinking about it for a while and it did.  It died. So had to spend the evening looking for a new laptop. I wanted a Mac Book but could not justify one.  They are just so expensive; lovely but expensive.  So I just chose a new basic one that will allow me to keep my bank accounts in line and to blog.  It arrives Tuesday.  Hence the delay in this weeks blog.

As always, with my love x






2 comments:

  1. Hi, well my Mac broke a couple of months ago and I had to go back to using an old sony that I'd hidden away in my storage unit. It feels like going back to the dark ages; like switching from colour telly to b&w.
    It's always so cold and windy at the seaside. I think I have been to Folkestone but don't remember it too much. These towns are very similar, I think.
    Easter did seem to drag on a bit this year, although I think it's the first Easter I've spent in UK for 4 or 5 years so maybe I've just forgotten.
    Hope things are looking up for you a little now; you do sound a lot more cheerful and optimistic.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah you are so right re MacBooks, but hey my new laptop is here and all is well and I am back on line. I cannot believe that Easter has been and gone already. The year is going too fast. Folkestone was rather nice and it was good to see the sea. Hugs and stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete