Tuesday 11 April 2017

Gonna start a revolution from my bed 'Cause you said the brains I had went to my head Step outside 'cause summertime's in bloom Stand up beside the fireplace, take that look from off your face 'Cause you ain't ever gonna burn my heart out (Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis)

Sometimes you just find the right lyrics at the right time. There could not be another song this weekend could there?  It had to be this one. I am not looking back in anger, in fact I am trying not to even look back.  As always, enjoy.



Saturday:  Beautiful day today. I went to the South Bank and had breakfast, sitting in the sunshine, reading my book.  It is days like this that I just love living in London.  It gives me so many choices and freedom that I could have only have dreamed of living in exile in the north. 


This afternoon I was at the theatre to see My Family, not the sitcom with David Baddiel. I had heard nothing but good things about this play and missed last time but it is now back for a three month run, so I treated myself to a ticket. Only I could go to the theatre on one of the warmest days of the year; but I was not disappointed. It is hysterical. David Baddiel tells the story of his Mum, who had an affair for over 20 years and his Father who is now suffering with dementia.  I laughed so much my face ached. At the end David took questions and he just come across as a really lovely bloke.  I am so pleased that I went to see this and I certainly was not disappointed.

The rest of the evening was very, very strange.  Somehow, and do not ask my why, I found a part of FB that I had never seen before.  It is where FB filters my messages.  In my 'inbox' were three, yes three, strange messages.  The first one, which was lovely, was from a family I supported in a previous job who wanted to make contact with me.  This was a message from 2014. Yes you did read that right.  She wrote some lovely things to me and I have, since, replied to her and it was so lovely to hear from her.

The other two date from a specific date in 2014 and November 2014. The first was a message that had the image remove because FB thought it was offence and the other was a message of support about how I had been treated about Meg.  Ready for this! The first one was from my ex husband and the other was from my ex husband's ex.  I mean, as if one of these messages would not be enough!  Really.  You could not make it up.  Needless to say, I need to process this.  I did reply to the ex husband's ex, well I am nothing but polite.  I am not quite sure what the universe is trying to prove. By really.

Sunday:  Strange night's sleep. I mean, are you surprised.  My poor little head had a lot to process (and is still processing it to be honest).  I could not get to sleep then had a nightmare and was awake by 7.30 .... sigh!  It was, once again a beautiful day and I took myself off to Regent's Park, where I sat in the sunshine, reading my book.  It was so lovely.  I ended up on a bench chatting to a rather lovely guy.  He was having an impromptu picnic and asked me if I wanted a crisp.  Trust me, this does not happen in London.  No one speaks to anyone!  We had a lovely conversation until it was interrupted by the air ambulance circling overhead for about five minutes.  Much to our amusement, the helicopter had a siren. Both of us could not work out the meaning of this.  It was nice to have a chat to someone to be honest and I will not lie, he was easy on my eye.  I think if my head had been in a better place I would have seen if he wanted to go for a coffee.  I did not.  I got the bus home.  

Quiet night in.  Just processing and trying to figure it all out.  We ordered take out pizza and I was suppose to be catching up on life admin, but thought that it had taken me three years to reply to two out of the three messages already today.  So I did not bother.  Funny old thing life.


As always, with my love X  

4 comments:

  1. Oh Karen. This could only happen to you. I'm not sure if I responded to you the other day (things have been manic and I've been off my head mostly!) but yes I'd love to meet up soon especially as we are only an hour away from London now. I really hope that you're feeling a little better. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Freya and congratulations on your new member of you lovely little family! Perhaps in the summer holidays it will be convenient to meet up. Not sure where you are now, but there be a train! Love and hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well not spending so much time looking back is probably a good thing. It just tears you apart thinking of things you should have done or never got to say.
    Yes London was looking good in the sunshine, but as ever it never lasts.
    Hope you're having a fab weekend anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah I am putting my faith in karma which I will go into detail as soon as I get my new laptop! But karma never forgets ab address. Hugs and stuff xxxx

    ReplyDelete