Monday 24 April 2017

I need to be myself I can't be no-one else I'm feeling supersonic Give me gin and tonic You can have it all but how much do you want it? (Supersonic - Oasis)


So off i went to Tate Britain. One of my favourite places.  They have an exhibition on at the moment called Queer British Art, so right up my street.  It was so good, really good.  I also so the original of Salome by Aubrey Beardsley.  I have waited since 1983 to see this and needless to say I was not disappointed. I will go along to The Tate again and see this exhibition. Then, whilst I was pondering what to do next, Bill Nighy walked past me.  Now I have always thought he was easy on the eye, for an older guy.  You know me, prefer them young. So Bill and I, well not really, went to see the Hockney exhibition again.  I did speak to him and he was nothing but charming, a true gentlemen. I feel like a celebrity hunter at the moment and this is not really me, but I think they keep finding me.


I guess it is all about the words with this one.  And you know me, give me a gin and tonic and I am a happy bunny.  As always, enjoy.




Saturday:  A really grey and cold looking morning.  Just what you need. Lazy start, pottering around the flat catching up on odd jobs. Made a big pot of coffee and sat and finished my book whilst listening to Radio 4.   I think about the time I used to run around like a headless chicken: cooking, cleaning, ironing, washing, dog walking, taxi service, gardening, shopping and think, if only I could reclaim a few years of that wasted time back.  

Image result for portugalI forgot to mention that I had a message last night from a dear friend.  In fact, he is the only person I know who shares the same birthday as me (well apart from Amy Winehouse that I guess does not really count).  He, I shall call him Fado, is living and working in Belgium and we met each other when I guess he was going through probably the worse period of his life.  We got on so well, with him trying to teach me Portuguese (he is from Portugal) well trying to teach me to say 'your coat would look good at the bottom of my bed' just in case I ever met Jose Mourinho.  He sounds happy and doing well and that fills my heart with happiness.  It got me thinking of all the people I have met since I last saw my Megan.  There is so much about my life she does not know, nor obviously does not want to know. So I always say it and I will say it again.  When my time is up in this world make sure each and every one of you find her, sit her down, and tell her 'our stories', the things we did and how you come to know me. You are a colourful bunch, just how life should be and I really would like her to know that.



Went up to Victoria to get some bits and bobs and then back home.  Andy and I watched Esio Trot.  What a delightful film, I really enjoyed it.  It restores my faith in love and happy endings. So all in all a good day.

Sunday: That time of the year again, the marathon. I love this day.  I always used to watch it when I was in exile as it reminds me that the majority of people are good and kind.  But first I had to meet my friend Ian who was in town.  We met at a pub in Bloomsbury, my favourite part of town, we had a lovely lunch and spent a few hours catching up on our news and having a laugh.  We then went to another pub, one for the road.  Well I was on diet coke because of all the meds I am on at the moment but it was great to see Ian and again and I just love it that we get to meet up every few months.  He is a good friend.

We said our goodbyes and I made my way down to Temple Gardens to cheer on the marathon runners.  By now it was around 3.45 so all the fast runners had been and gone and these were the 'normal' people, those who were probably doing their first or second marathon.  I stood there for two hours clapping and cheering them on.  I cannot tell you how this makes me feel and it fills my heart with such happiness.  It is my annual does of kindness to others.  I waited until they started to open the road again to traffic before I made my way home. 

Highlight of the night, watching Line of Duty. I really like the series and it just gets better and better.  Well in my opinion.  So that was that, another weekend just flown by.  

As always, with my love x




3 comments:

  1. How do you know it was really Bill Nighy and not some look a like? Did he say, 'Hi I'm Bill Nighy'? Well done though; he is an a-lister.
    I saw that exhibition on but I didn't go. They're expensive for plebs like me who don't have membership.
    You don't think Megan is already reading all this stuff then, maybe rolling her eyes a bit?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. No it was Bill Nighy, lovely man. That is why I joined The Tate then I can justify going. My membership has now paid for itself and I still have 12 months left to run on it, so money well spent for me. As for Meg. Meg will do what what will do. It is her life and this is mine. Hugs and love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once said Hello to Vincent Price at the 'old' Tate ... my only claim to fame lol

    ReplyDelete