Tuesday 16 May 2017

Humbled and awed by everything I'd found Beauty and love surround me Freed me from what I feared (Pretty Amazing Grace - Neil Diamond)

Perhaps a track you are not familiar with but I have had it as an ear-worm all week.  Why does that happen? Round and round. So hopefully, now I have used it, it will go and leave me in peace.  As always, enjoy.



Saturday:  Strange thing happened last night. I will not go into great details, but once again a 'strange coincidence' happened to show me once again, that it really is a small world. Sigh.  I had no intention of going out today. London was grey and I had work to do.  I had a piece of work I needed to get started and to work on during the weekend.  Needless to say, I tackled it in my usual methodical way.  Mind-maps, notes all over the place. But hey, it felt good. I do miss studying.
Portugal the winners


So tonight is a big event in 'Gay World'. Tonight is Eurovision.  So it was pizza and gin cocktails and losing the will to live.  This will be 3.5 hours of my life I will not get back.  The perils of living with your best gay friend!

The gin helped.  It helped a great deal. I liked Portugal's song and it won. I have no idea what he is singing about and I will have to ask my Portuguese friend to translate it for me.  But I am pleased they won.  I went to bed feeling a bit squiffy and fully stuffed from the quattro fromaggi pizza.


Sunday:  The sun is shinning but today I will not be going out. I am having a resting weekend as I have felt so lousy all week. Also, I still had a huge piece of important work to complete so spent the morning finalising this. More to follow. Andy went to have his haircut and today they were closed (they are normally open on a Sunday). So he come back home and I played hairdressers.  It is funny, it took me right back to me being a child and to the time when I used to get Megan's hair done ready for school.  Needless to say, his hair is not long enough for a french plait, but I put a lovely headband in for him. I do not think there will be any photos of this. But he does have a rather large, funny shape head! Mr Potato Head springs to mind.

Work completed and feeling very smug and actually a bit better. I decided, for my sins, to sort out all my winter/summer clothes and to be totally ruthless. The problem with this is I now have a huge sack of clothes I no longer feel the love for that need to go to a charity shop. This will mean physically carrying them along and whilst I am finding it difficult at the moment to actually breath coming up the 48 stairs to my flat, I do not think I will be rushing to do this.  Finally sorted out Andy's birthday present (his birthday was in February but there was nothing he needed). We are going to see Young Frankenstein at the theatre in November. In fact, it is the day before I go to NZ so it will kick-start my holiday. We both love this film. 

As always, with my love x










No comments:

Post a Comment