Friday 26 May 2017

It's a beautiful noise Made of joy and of strife Like a symphony played By the passing parade It's the music of life (Beautiful Noise - Neil Diamond)

So another week begins. I am anxious about the trip to the dentist and the affect it is going to have on me and my smile.  Thank goodness for my music because at the moment, I am feeling very much alone.  Oh I meant to mention I emailed the dentist I saw on Friday to apologise for crying and to also thank him for the kindness he had shown me.  I may be many things, in many people's eyes, but I am nothing but polite and thankful. As always, enjoy.




Monday:  Nothing ever seems to go to plan for me.  I get to the dentist and she cannot take the tooth out because of the roots being so near to the sinus nerve. When will this end? Two, very painful injections, she removed the crown and filed down the tooth and made another referral to Guy's Hospital.  However, she said that I could go to Guy's early (around 6.30) on Thursday and say that it is giving me pain and hopefully, if I am not too far back in the queue they will remove the roots.  I will be doing this.  At least then the healing can start and then I can start to look at an implant in 3 months time.  It is really going to be a long, dragged out, event.  Not feeling the love and the sun is shining.

Finally, some good news. But I cannot say anymore just yet.  

Tuesday:  No beautiful noise. Just tragic news.  I spent most of the night awake watching, helpless, the events rolling out in Manchester. I remember the bomb happening in June 1996.  It was a beautiful, sunny day and Meg was splashing around in her paddling pool.  Again, tonight, a city very dear to me has been subjected to terrorism.  Words fail me.  I am a dreamer.  Why can't we all just get on?  I cannot find the words but I will let Guy Garvey, a Manhcurian, sum it up.  So, so sad.




Good and productive day work wise. I called into get a quiche and some salad for my dinner and very nice it was too.  London is warm at the moment and it is lovely but because I did not sleep well last night it was an early night for me and something you will not hear very often ......... I slept like a baby. Not that my baby ever slept lol why do we say that?

Wednesday:  Such a beautiful warm summer morning in London this morning. At last, it looks as if summer is on her way.  Interesting evening as I went to find out about my voluntary work and they seemed really, really pleased to have me on board and I will be creating and delivering some training for them.  So happy with this and something I will really enjoy.  Things are on the change ......


Thursday:  If I did not have a fear of dentists; I soon will have.  I did not sleep at all well and was awake at 5.00. Showered for 5.30 and at Guy's for 6.30. 
Yes, you did read that right.  Normally, it is busy. Of course, today it was not. I guess it was because the sun was shining.  I saw a lovely dentist called
Can just about see my lovely flat
Christopher but my dentist, once again, let me down.  I will be looking for a new dentist.  I have to go back next Wednesday to have the remainder of the tooth and roots removed. I did pick Christopher's lovely brains on sinus lifts and bone implants around the implant (see I told you I like research) and he seems to think I will be fine.  We shall see.


Beautiful, warm day in London, but I have not seen much of it.  It will be an early night tonight.  Oh I have included a photo from the 23rd floor of Guy's tower.  Ironic isn't it, this is where my Dad used to go for his dentistry needs.  See, no such thing as coincidence.



Friday:  Such a beautiful summers day today. It was so warm.  I was in the office today training volunteers on our new computer system.  It was challenging, but they did so well.  I walked partially home.  I did want to sit by the river for half an hour but there were no seats. So called in the supermarket and got some tonic water, lemon and lime and poured myself a bit gin and tonic and kicked back.  It was so good, I had another one and then felt a tad squiffy.  Alcohol takes away all the aches and pains.

It has been a very odd week this week. The terrible news, the tooth saga and then the beautiful sunshine.  It looks as if summer has arrived; which means it will be raining tomorrow.

As always, with my love x

2 comments:

  1. so they still haven't actually removed the tooth?
    wtf? Is Guy's still free? It used to be a last resort for people who really couldn't afford to pay and were in pain and it was free, but they just pulled teeth out I think, nothing else.
    Hope your weekend's going better anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. No, after all that the tooth and roots are still with me! Guy's is still free for emergency treatment. However, UKIP would have had a field day if they had been in the waiting room. I am saying no more nor making any judgment. I am just saying. They now do fillings as well as extractions. Weekend has been OK, quiet as asthma is a bit all over the place and also I have a busy week ahead, so being sensible. I hope all is well with you sweets. Keep in touch. xxx

    ReplyDelete