Monday 1 May 2017

So here I go Still scratching around in the same old hole My body feels young but my mind is very old So what do you say? You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway You're half the world away (Half The Word Away - Noel Gallagher)

Another band, another month.  I will be sad to see the back of Oasis as there are so many songs that I wanted to use.  So, technically, this is not an Oasis song but a song by the lovely Noel.  Many of you will recognise it from the the theme tune to the Royale Family.  Beautiful song.  As always, enjoy.





Saturday:  I love my lazy weekend mornings. Something that I never thought I would ever get back.  Breakfast in bed as provided by Andy. It was a Danish. Unfortunately, just a pastry and not a 6'6" blond hunk but hey.  I spent the morning deep cleaning my bedroom. The trouble with living in London is, it is dirty. The thick dust I wiped away this morning was pretty disgusting.  But that is what it is.  I am not going to spend every weekend cleaning.

This afternoon it was more pampering as it was hair time.  I am so pleased with it and the colour is brilliant.  I wish I could have it done more often, but like most things in London, it is expensive. But it looks lovely at the moment, so very happy.  By the time my hairdresser had left the flat and the black clouds started to move in, I couldn't be bothered to get changed and go out.  So I caught up on 'life laundry' as someone once called it.


Sunday:  Terrible night's sleep, awful.  Needless to say, I was up early to get out and about.  The sun is shining.  It is going to be a good day.  So today, with I friend, I was off to the Wellbeing Festival at Olympia.  I got the tickets on Groupon at a very reasonable price. It was very good.  I had a tarot card reading which, I have to admit, she was spot on. In fact, she ended up crying and so did I because of the emotion and pain she could fee.  No surprises there then.  My friend and I joined the Hare Krishnas and chanted and meditated.  I just love the positive energy they bring, loved it.  We spent most of the day there mouching around then I went up to St Pancras to see my friend on her train and then I caught the bus home.  I was very relaxed to be honest.  

So tonight it was the last episode of Line of Duty and I was not let down.  In fact, at one point, I was literally at the edge of my seat.  Brilliant programme and so well acted.  I will miss this on a Sunday night.  So all in all, it has been a very good day.  I drunk my bedtime tea that I purchased from the Yogi Tea stall and slept like a baby.  All is well.

Monday:  Bank holiday Monday and the weather was grim.  Grey and overcast. A typical day off.  Andy and I looked at our bills and changed energy supplier. This is something that I have always done, but got out of the habit when moving to London.  Not today Satan. Duly swapped and saving us £250 a year.  Thank you very much I will have some of that.  

Ironing done, well the bed sheets as this is all I iron these days and the vegetables chopped and roasting for the lasagne and it was only noon.  I think it is going to be a long day but I do not want to go out as I spent too much yesterday.  So I ended up doing that great British Bank Holiday thing, shopping on line ........ sigh.Thank you Next for taking some money off me.  Lasagne consumed and I was so tired.  In fact, I have been tired all day.  I think it is the coming off the meds thing again.  But hey, it was a free day off work, so I am not complaining.

Oh before I go, I saw an article today saying it is the ten year anniversary of Madeleine McCann going missing.  The ironing of this is about two years after her disappearance 'we' were in Luz and were actually sitting by the complex where she went missing.  In fact, we did not realise that was where we were. So there we were, eating cheese and bread and we started talking about her going missing and it was said, by all present, that we could not imagine what it must be like to have a child that you have no idea where she is or what she is doing or if she is safe.  I think I will just park that memory there.

As always, with my love x



2 comments:

  1. Yes time passes fast and it's ten years ago; I was still living in Spain when all this happened.
    I always found this strange. The couple are darlings of the Daily Mail et al. If this had been a working class couple and a less attractive child then it would have been 'oh they left their child alone whilst they went out drinking'.
    But time whizzes by. It's hard to imagine she would be 13 now though, and I guess you must feel the same when you think about how old Megan is .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Yes time flies by. I guess that is why I mentioned this. A very strange situation indeed. And yes, that is the whole point, I have no idea where Meg is or what she looks like. Both situations are very sad. As always with my love xx

    ReplyDelete