Saturday 6 May 2017

L.A.'s fine, the sun shines most the time And the feeling is "lay back" Palm trees grow and rents are low But you know I keep thinkin' about Making my way back Well I'm New York City born and raised But nowadays I'm lost between two shores L.A.'s fine, but it ain't home New York's home But it ain't mine no more (I am I said - Neil Diamond)

So being the contradiction that I am, only I could go from Oasis to Neil Diamond. I have always been partial to a bit of old Neil.  I wanted to kick off with this song as many moons ago, in a past life, I heard Robbie Williams, who as many of you know, I am not a fan of, choose this as one of his songs on BBC Radio Two's Tracks of my Years.  He said that these lines that I have quoted sum up how he feels. I totally got it.  He went on to say that whilst living in LA is great he misses his old life of living in Stoke, but when he goes back he does not feel that he belongs there either.  When I was in exile in the North I felt the same.  On the rare occasions I would return 'down home' to see my Nan, I would also feel that I did not belong.  I guess life is for moving on, not staying in one place and anywhere can be or feel like home, if you want it too. London feels very much like home.  As always, enjoy.





Tuesday:  Well it maybe Tuesday but it still felt like a Monday morning. Busy as usual but there was huge excitement during the day.  All I will say is 'finger's crossed'.  I rang and got a private appointment, as you do when you can pay for it, well I can't the insurance is but you get my drift.  I could not believe where the consultant rooms are but again, more about that later.

Quiet night in and Andy and I had the giggles.  I swear, I have never laughed so much as I do living with him.  We are just as bad as each other.  We see something, or hear something on the TV or radio and then are just in fits of giggles.  

Wednesday:  I am a premium bond winner (again). But before you send me all your begging letters, it was only for £25 but all good.
Wednesday:  I am a premium bond winner (again). But before you send me all your begging letters, it was only for £25 but all good. Working from home today and I went into the kitchen and there were two pigeons sitting on the window ledge, enjoying the sunshine.  They did not move; just sat there looking at me. Hard faced swines!

Thursday: Busy, but interesting day at work.  London is very busy at the moment. The tourist season has started and no one has a clue how to use their Oyster Card or where they are going.  This means, things take a bit longer for me as I weave my way in and out of them walking six abreast along the road! Very tired this week so it was an early night.

Friday: I was in the office this afternoon for a meeting. Who books a Friday
One of my favourite Hockney's
afternoon meeting with out arranging for drinks afterwards? Mind you, it did me a favour as the office is only a few hundred yards up the road from The Tate where I needed to be.  I joined a new Meet Up group tonight:  Woman and Art. Basically, you go to exhibitions with other women.  I do not mind rocking around a gallery on my own but sometimes it is nice just to say 'oh look at that'. It 
went well actually.  I called in to see 'my girls', the Pre-Raphaelite art that I just love.  I still cannot believe I can do this anytime I want.  The group I met up with were OK and there were a couple of interesting women.  We went to see the Hockney exhibition (again, I have seen it three times now but that is the luxury of being a member of The Tate).  I have got to be putting myself out there.  Nothing happens by doing nothing.

As always, with my love x



2 comments:

  1. Well every time I come back to UK it feels less and less like my home, so I can empathize with that.
    Those meet ups are very hit and miss, but I still think they're worth persevering with from time to time. But I also have no problem with going to galleries on my own and at least you can see things in your own time.
    Still have an ambition to go to a gallery on a 'date' though; I see other people doing that and think it looks so cool, but the men I've 'dated' wouldn't be seen dead inside a gallery. Ah well.
    Have a good week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Yes I fancied a 'gallery date' I was hoping to get that with Dave, considering that was his thing. Mind you, I would settle for Bill Nighy lol xx

    ReplyDelete