Monday 8 May 2017

Me and you are subject to The blues now and then But when you take the blues And make a song You sing 'em out again (Song, Sung, Blue - Neil Diamond)

I bet when you read the title of this song you started to sing it! Such a happy song that just moves along. As always, enjoy.



Saturday:  Lazy start to the day with breakfast in bed.  Andy will make such a lovely wife. It was delicious all washed down with tea and orange juice.  What
more can a girl ask for.  He is a little gem, but I won't tell him that as he will expect it all the time.

Spent most of the day doing 'life laundry'.  I had quite a bit to do and had to spend quite a bit of time on one thing in particular.  But more about that (maybe) later. 

Finally ventured out and wished I had not bothered.  The trouble of living where I do is, whilst it is very convenient it means that all my local amenities are infested with tourists.  Today was no exception.  I had to go and collect a parcel from Next which meant battling with half the world.  Mind you, I moan about it but probably would not have it any other way to be honest.  Quiet night watching a film called the Fifth Element. I had never seen it before but it was really good.

Sunday:  I had such a lovely day today; a proper making new memories day. I met with my dear friend PPLP, my French friend.  We met at St Dunstan's in the East which is slap bang right in the City of London.  It is the remains of a church built around 900 AD and it was bombed in the blitz and the church lost it's roof. It was never repaired.  It now sits as a little oasis with the most beautiful garden in and around it.  I had never heard of it before and was so pleased that PPLP suggested meeting there.  Both of us said our hellos and then started to take photos.

We then walked over Tower Bridge laughing and chatting all the way.  Today I actually practiced my French on him, the first time ever. He was so sweet with me. We walked along the river towards London Bridge and then stopped to get some lovely food in Wagamama. We both had Pad Thai.  Delicious.  I actually managed to eat the whole meal with chopsticks ........ finally.  We did not stop talking.  He was telling me all about the French election as he had to go and vote before he met up with me. It was so interesting to hear how other countries vote.  We finally left the restaurant and went to a pub I know by the ITV studios for a drink and more chatting and laughter.  We finally said our goodbyes.  It got me thinking about all the new people who have come into my life since my world was turned upside down.  They really are a completely diverse and eclectic tribe.  I feel so blessed.

Finally got home around 18:00 declaring to Andy that I had Tad Pie for my dinner.  I think the two pints of lager may have played a part in that! But it had been such a lovely day.  I guess that is what it is all about; making new memories.



St Dunstan's in the East






As always, with my love x

4 comments:

  1. Oooh love a good ruin. Must visit must visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was there on Sunday as well, so we could have run into each other and it would look as if I were stalking you. Never mind; it's a nice place to go sit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ian. It really is worth a look. I fell in love with it, but I am an old romantic lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah. Well if you were stalking me, it would make a change from me stalking others lol. Love and stuff xx

    ReplyDelete