Monday 22 May 2017

I knew a man, Bojangles and he danced for you In worn out shoes Silver hair, a ragged shirt and baggy pants The old soft shoe He jumped so high, jumped so high Then he'd lightly touch down (Mr Bojangles - Neil Diamond)

I needed to find a track today to lift my mood.  This song makes me smile and so many people have sung it and added their charm to it.  But for me, this is still the best.  As always, enjoy.



Saturday:  I fell asleep, on my bed and Andy woke me up at 10.00 when he was going to his room. I slept until 3.33, yes my time with a horrendous headache. Two paracetamols and I slept until 7.00.  Obviously, this is the answer to a good night's sleep: financial worry, stress and crying all day.

Quite start to the morning. I intended doing nothing today.  My heart is not in anything.  I am going to be so self conscious of this gap in my teeth and the thought of smiling just makes me cry. Caught up on chores and sat and worked out my finances.  Feeling slightly more positive but still anxious about the tooth being removed and the gap.  Actually fell asleep again on the sofa for over an hour.  All rock and roll it certainly is not at the moment. Mind you, if it was rock and roll, like Liam Gallagher or Shaun Ryder I could afford not have my teeth knocked out in a fight or not even bother to look after them as money would be no object and they could all be replaced.  Let's face it, Liam Gallagher never smiles either!

I spent the rest of the day researching (something I do best).  As I am now a 'customer' I can choose where to spend my money.  So now I know all about the types of implants and crowns, what to ask and what to expect.  By the end of the day I was feeling slightly more at ease about things.


Wildflowers near to London Bridge
Sunday:  Easy start to the day and then I walked along to Hay's Galleria by London Bridge to take an item back to Next.  I then met my friend Sarah and we spent the day catching up on all our news.  I would like to say it was all good news; unfortunately, it was not. However, the sun was shining and we managed a smile and a laugh between us and I was pleased that I had made the effort to go out and enjoy some of the sunshine and it was good to see Sarah again.

Back home and it was quite night, but that is fine.  Tomorrow is going to be 'eventful' in more ways than one and I think even the sun shining is not going to help.  

As always, with my love x






2 comments:

  1. Yeah good to see you, even though we both did nothing but moan.
    Whilst we're still moaning, I hate Neil Diamond as well. Except possibly for Sweet Caroline, and that one only when I'm drunk and can bellow along with the chorus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Well a good old moan may not change things but it helps. I will use Sweet Caroline soon, just for you. So get ready to sing! xx

    ReplyDelete