Saturday 13 May 2017

I think about you ev'ry night, when I'm here alone (Hello Again - Neil Diamond)


I don't know why I choose this song because it makes me cry.  I guess that is why I chose it.   Beautiful lyrics and like the title says, 'I think about you every night when I am here alone' and always wish you goodnight.  As always, enjoy.



Monday:  I really wish the weather would sort itself out.  In six weeks time the evenings will start to get dark again! Another grey, cold day down south.  Busy day work wise and spent the evening catching up on stuff.  I can't tell you how happy I am sharing with Andy. We laugh so much over stupid, silly stuff. Tonight we laughed until we cried.  Now that really has to be good.

Tuesday:  Working from home until lunchtime and then I ventured out to the darkest depths of Zone 4.  Not much really happened today.  But hey, I survived.

Wednesday:  Tonight I met my friend Christine.  She was to be a volunteer where I used to work and we met once and both knew we would get on like a house on fire, and we do.  I was thinking how many people I have met and know and how blessed I feel. Friends both old and new.  Oh Meg if only you knew.  We met at Piccadilly and and went to Picture House Central for a drink.  We had so much to catch up on as we have not been able to see each other since Christmas. We then went to Wahaca (your favourite Ian) in Soho and had a lovely meal.  We talked and laughed and it was so lovely to see her. We have both said that we must do it again soon and as soon as she has her work schedule (she has a very interesting and envious job) we will fix a date.  I went home feeling really blessed with the diverse and lovely people who are in my life.

Thursday:  I did not feel well again today (really fed up with it now), this bloody allergy grrrr.  However, tonight I was off to The Globe with the first Meet Up group I joined when I arrived in London.  Unfortunately, tonight was the last time we would be meeting as the organiser has had to close the group due to personal reasons.  Very sad as I have been to some wonderful events with this group.  So tonight I was going to see Romeo and Juliet.  I had done no research on it and I just thought it would be Romeo and Juliet. Well it was, but what a huge twist.  This classic tale was a mix between steam punk, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Tim Burton and Helen Bonham Carter in Harry Potter. The music was hip hop, drum and bass oh and YMCA, yes you did read that right. Romeo was a moody, hormone driven young person and was very easy on the eye. I was totally blown away by the performance. The final scene was so moving and I could feel my chin start to wobble and my eyes fill up.  I really want to see this again and cannot recommend it enough. Such an amazing performance.

Friday:  I did not feel well at all today and can only manage to get a GP appointment (cyber hacking aside) on Monday ...... sigh.  It is going to be slow, boring weekend me thinks.  Finished work and went for a manicure to cheer myself up then to be honest, I could not wait to get home. Home for 4.30 and went to bed until 6.00 then back in bed at 10.00 as I felt that rough.  Oh well, there are plenty in the Crem who would like to feel like this.


As always, with my love x

No comments:

Post a Comment