Tuesday 11 July 2017

And how can you mend a broken heart? How can you stop the rain from falling down? How can you stop the sun from shining? What makes the world go round? (How Can You Mend A Broken Heart - The Bee Gees

This is such a beautiful song. Rich, moving lyrics and a tune that just flows. Put your feet up and enjoy the moment.



Saturday:  Someone, who has known me from the day I come into this world, said to me yesterday that I was brave. I have heard this before. I am not brave. I just get on with things, because that is the only choice I have.  This weekend, I intended making new memories.

Today is Pride in London.  This is one of the most happiest days, each year, in my life.  To see so many people, just being them, getting on with it fills my heart with so much love.  Once again, my adopted community welcomed me into their arms and I loved it.  We had to wait ages this year to join the parade but eventually we started moving.  I have never hugged, kissed and smiled at so many people.  Three people just put their arms around me and hugged me so tight; random strangers enjoying the day. No judgement, no pre-conceived assumptions - just love.  That is all it is, love.  So much love and happiness. 

I was thinking 31 years ago when someone come out to me, it was all so different then.  I went with them to the only gay pub in the area where I was living. I stood out like a spare thumb.  We then went to the night club which was gay night once a month!  Up some dark stairs and knocked on a door and were let in.  It was such a great night, brilliant music.  But oh so different than now. I have seen this transition in my lifetime, yet there is still so much more to do. I love the gay community, they have been and always will be, so very dear to my heart.  Today was no exception.

After the parade we ended up in pub with some of Andy's friend, who soon become my fiends, plus some people none of us knew but soon were talking and laughing with. We drunk, laughed, drunk with me, as usual, falling off my chair lol! It was so much fun.  But by now we were so tired so made our way home as London was still a blaze of rainbow. The atmosphere was electric, so happy, so safe, so loving. London really blows me away, you can be who you want.

Chips from the chip shop downstairs (as you do when you have been on the lager and gin) and then very tired, but oh so happy, to bed.  Just a lovely, memory day and one that I will carry with me always.  The Gays know how to throw a party!


London is an amazing place to live and I think Sadiq Khan the Mayor of London summed it up:  'In London you can love who you want to love and you can be whoever you want to be'.  This is the London I love and this is why it just feels like home. It is the place that has given me my life back.

So I wonder what Sunday will bring .........




Sunday:  No hangovers for either or us - yay!  But no food in the house either. If only the Tesco across the road would deliver.  We ended up ordering in breakfast.  Yes you did read that right.  I have never done it before, but it was all too much effort this morning. So a lovely cooked breakfast of eggs, vegetables followed by pancakes.  I wanted to go back to bed after eating that. But I cannot. Andy went out to visit some friends and I was home alone.  This evening, me, myself and I are going to see U2!

I have followed this band since 1992. They are the only men who have remained in my life for so long.  I wanted to go when the ticket come out, but they were so expensive. But on Thursday night I was looking on line and got myself and expensive bargain (if that makes sense). They are being supported by the gorgeous Noel Gallagher, so it is a win, win, situation.  The last time I saw U2 was in a past life, we all had a great evening. So tonight, once again, I will be making new memories.  This is the Joshua Tree tour, 30 year since that album was released.  I remember buying it like yesterday. 30 years gone just like that.  It should be an amazing experience.  However, I am a tad anxious about getting home from Twickenham.  I bet I don't get in until around 2.00am.

Well I had a fantastic time.  Noel Gallagher was ace it it turned into a mini Oasis concert. I could tell it was a full moon as strange things were happening.  U2 come on to The Whole Of The Moon by the Waterboys; this is my song, my theme song.  Of course it is.  U2 were absolutely brilliant. They played a few songs that I had not heard for years and ironically, the lyrics are more poignant now than in 1982 when it was released. So many 'coincidences' that were really strange. I brilliant evening.

The transport home was OK and I finally got in around 1.15, so not too bad really.  I have had the most brilliant weekend.  I am now totally skint for the next few weeks but I really do not care; I have had fun and this weekend was the first time all year since I have really let my hair down.  Wonderful new memories.

I will leave you with probably my favourite photo from Pride. This person called me over at the bottom of Piccadilly Circus. He was telling me that he was so thankful for all the work 'I' do and how 'I' had helped him and his family when they needed it the most.  I was so touched. We hugged and kissed. This photo shows all you need is love.  It is that simple; it is just love.



As always, with my love x






4 comments:

  1. Alright for some going to pride, watching U2 and a bit of Oasis. Can this be beaten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah sometimes it's ok to spend a bit of money to do something that you really want to do; the only trouble is that I 'really' want to do so many things. Actually I've never been much of a U2 fan (pause for a gasp of horror at this point) but the advantage to doing stuff on your own is that this way you get to do what you really want to do, rather than somebody else's dreams.
    Hope the month carries on living up to your expectations :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ian. It was such a good weekend and the current bank balance is minus £10 with £70 in my purse. Roll on payday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah. It was a good night and it was OK going on my own. Last time I saw them it was with 'them' so tad emotional, but hey U2 have been around a lot longer than anyone else (well apart from my Aunt). Take care x

    ReplyDelete