Sunday 16 July 2017

My baby moves at midnight Goes right on till the dawn My woman takes me higher My woman keeps me warm (You Should Be Dancing - Bee Gees)


Oh John Travolta is such a mover.  Just to dance once like that in my lifetime and be able to walk again afterwards would be so lovely. I remember when he danced with Princess Diana thinking oh I wish that was me.  So shoes off girls and dance away.  I guess we can all dream.  As always, enjoy.





Monday:  You know you are going to crash and burn when you have had such a great weekend.  I was up early as the plumber was supposed to be coming; they cancelled and I could have stayed in bed for another hour!  Not impressed.
Fortunately, working from home today and was really busy (of course I was). Submitted my application for University today and so now the wait continues. All work done and dusted and I was in my room, in bed for 7.30 and promptly asleep by 8.30.  One tired little bunny.

Tuesday:  Busy day again but all good.  I also received notification from my University application inviting me in for an interview next week.  I guess this means they are not looking to get references for me as I would need these before being invited to interview.  All exciting, yet still terrifying, stuff.

The weather has finally broken and the rain arrived.  Much easier to sleep tonight and once again, I was safe in the arms of Orpheus very early.

Wednesday: Tonight I went to the theatre with a woman I work with and with Andy.  Andy knows here too.  We me at Charing Cross Road and went for dinner at a lovey Italian restaurant in Soho.  Ian, we shall eat there next time you come to London.  It was such a lovely meal; simple but tasty food. Tonight we went to see Girls the stage production which is based on the film, Calendar Girls. The music was by Gary Barlow and Tim Firth. To be perfectly honest I was not sure what to expect, but it was so good. The second part, when they get their clothes off, was hysterical and I was laughing and trying not to get into a coughing fit (cough still not right - it has only been 4 months now!). Unfortunately, the show closes this Saturday as I would recommend you go and see it if you can.  There is no indication it is going on tour, as it would do so well in the provincial theatres.

Thursday:  Really busy day today.  The charity I work for had a London Takeover Day, which is really what it says on the tin. We were all dispatched to various parts of London to fund-raise. Our team were dispatched to King's Cross.  I always knew I would find my vocation sooner, rather than later, and today it was me dressed in my tutu and tiara standing on a street corner in King's Cross.  25 years ago I would have made some business and today was no exception.  Apart from three women, all the people who come up to me to put money in my tin were blokes, and some very nice and easy on the eye ones too. One actually said 'I like the tutu'.

Much to a colleagues amusement a bloke come up to me and said I was beautiful and he would like to take me out and gave me his phone number. I could have died.  I was so polite (he was not my type). My colleague thought it was hysterical and when one of the senior managers said she was delighted that someone had put £20 in her tin, I said I could beat that as I had got a bloke's phone number she screamed with laughter.  So that will get around the office and so it should. Go me.  This is going to be my new game plan; hang around in my tutu and tiara on street corners and see who or what I can pick up.

Friday:  Quiet morning then on TOIL this afternoon.  I sat and watched Upstairs Downstairs and oh how I love that programme.  I have seen it so many times I almost know the words.  I said to Andy (as he was off too) that I will be Lady Elizabeth and he can be Murphy, my trusted manservant.  I will leave it to you to imagine what his response was.  When I win the lottery and we are living in Bloomsbury, he shall be different.

Spent some time playing Crash Bandicoot on the Playstation (Andy's game).  I am now on Level 3; go me!  Meg used to have this on her Playstation 1 when she was around 7.  She was so good at it; I am not. I did think to myself, Meg if only you could see your Mum now.  Mind you, I think that most days about one thing or another.

Couldn't be bothered to cook this evening so ordered in pizza and very nice it was too.  Quiet evening in alone (Andy was out with friends) but it was nice just to relax to be honest.

As always, with my love x




2 comments:

  1. love the photo. You know I couldn't stand on the streets rattling a charity tin for anything. Tough job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah You now me I love a tiara and a tutu. If is far too short not too. Much love xx

    ReplyDelete