Tuesday 18 July 2017

Here I lie In a lost and lonely part of town Held in time In a world of tears I slowly drown Going home I just can't make it all alone I really why should be holding you, holding you Loving you, loving you (Tragedy - The Bee Gees)

This is Andy's choice of Bee Gee's song.  Obviously, he remembers Step's version but at least he was aware that it was a Bee Gees song.  I bet you sing along.



Saturday:  I was working today.  Yes, I know.  I was promoting my work at the Lambeth Show and it rained.  Of course it did.  I went to the Lambeth Show my first summer in London and really enjoyed it. I did not see much of it today, but it reinforced my theory that people never cease to amaze me.  Now call me old fashioned, and perhaps this is why my daughter hates me, but she as always taught to say please and thank you and to never just help herself.  I did not see much of this today.

When I got home I was so tired.  I had done nothing but cough, cough, cough again on the journey home.  I cannot tell you how much it exhausts me.  It really is impacting on my life now.  Watched a catch up programme about Game of Thrones (which starts again on Monday), which put me back in the zone and I can now remember where we are with it all.

Sunday:  Up earlyish again today as I was volunteering for the first time.  The thing is, when you have been a volunteering manager for over 20 years it gives you the advantage of seeing things from the other side of the fence.  All I am going to say is, I caught three busses to go to Stoke Newington.  Now let me stop this here.  I said after the Dave date in Stoke Newington that I would not go to anywhere with Stoke in it's name again.  But I wanted to do my charitable thing.  I should have listened to my gut feeling; I should always listen to my gut feeling.  So no volunteering done (I will be having words) and back home.  I would have stayed out if I had my book with me, but I obviously was not expecting this.

Back home and I watched the tennis and had a very typical lazy Sunday.

As always, with my love x


No comments:

Post a Comment