Sunday 9 July 2017

Here in your arms I found my paradise My only chance for happiness And if I lose you now, I think I would die Say you'll always be my baby we can make it shine We can take forever just a minute at a time (More Than A Woman - The Bee Gees)

Oh this is a trip down memory lane.  I  just love this song, I really do think it is one of my favourites.  I cannot believe how old it is now mind.  Where does the time go.  So get on that dance floor and let me see your moves.




Monday:  Working from home all day and exciting stuff as I had to book a flight and a hotel for work.  More about that later in the month. Busy as usual but all done and dusted.  Asthma, or whatever it is was not good today. I don't know why as I have not even been outside of the house.  It really is getting me down now as it is just miserable.  I just feel like my life is on hold.  

Tuesday:  Lovely visit to a person today who had a beautiful dress on.  I went home and ordered one the same style; different colour.  It is coming tomorrow. I never used to wear dresses and now I just love them.  Quiet night and I was in my room for 9.00pm.

Wednesday:  Beautiful, hot day today.  I was struggling again with my breathing. It really is an issue now. On a bus again, all over South East London then back home to what I wanted to be a quiet afternoon.  Needless to say, that did not work out to plan.  Dress was delivered and I will try it on later when I have had a shower.  So warm in London.  I wish I was on a beach.

Terrible news today about a client, younger than me, who has been given a second diagnosis.  She will not see her two teenage children grow up. It really affected me. I have a daughter who does not want anything to do with me and there is this lovely woman who I would swap places with, just so she could see her family grow up. So terribly sad.  I went to my room early as it really affected my mood.

Thursday:  I had my 1-2-1 today with my new boss and it was at the Southbank Centre. What a venue. We sat outside and I had to pinch myself.  I have never had supervision is such a beautiful, iconic venue. It went really well and when I got home I noticed that I have caught the sun on my shoulders. Once again, it has been around 30 degrees in London. Ironically, my breathing has been OK today.  No logic to it.

After our team meeting I walked down by Waterloo Bridge.  I could not sit at my favourite bench but found another and there was a busker there. He obviously had a list given to him by the Universe as he was playing every song that hit a chord. I checked my email and had some really good news re University application.  I submitted my Personal Statement to the University for some critique and received it back.  It was really positive. One suggestion how to 'beef it up a bit' but the rest really good. Then the busker played 'It's a Wonderful World' and that was it.  That song really reminds me of my Dad. I cried. It didn't matter as it was London and you can be who or what you want here. It was as if my Dad was sending his love and blessing for me to continue with my studies.  It has been a good day.

Friday:  Day off today for working last weekend.  I took myself off to Tate Modern to the Giocometti exhibition.  It was really interest and as it was a lovely day out; very quiet. There were a few pieces of his work I really liked and it opened my eyes, once again, to something different.  Up to the Member's Room and I treated myself (something that happened a lot in the next few days) to a lovely lunch and a glass of wine.  I just loved the view from my table and I had too, once again, pinch myself that this is really my life now.  I walked down to Borough Market and had a lovely chat with the man on the olive stall. He really is so sweet and knows me now.  Grabbed a coffee at my usual haunt at Borough then called into Ryman's to pick up some provisions.  

I decided that I did not want to go home, so went to the library to study for an hour.  It felt good being back in my books, taking notes and getting the brain ticking over.  I think today and the next few days are going to be fun.



As always, with my love x



No comments:

Post a Comment