Monday 24 July 2017

I live and I breathe for you But what good does it do If I ain't got you, ain't got? Hey babe (To Love Somebody - Bee Gees)

The good thing about focusing on a particular artist is you forget all the great songs they have had.  I found this one again and I remember how lovely the words are.  So as always, enjoy.




Saturday:  I was awake at silly o'clock again, but dossed  in bed for ages. It is rather a nice treat.  Up and cleaned the rest of the flat.  Got Andy to climb up and clean the kitchen window lol. It looks lovely now (the window and the flat) and all done in case I have a relapse re actually being able to breath.

I was going out to the library to do some reading but it was a grey, wet morning and by the time I had made a phone call and then showed it was 1.30 so I thought I would just stay at home catching up on life laundry.  Fantastic news late last night as I heard that my dear friend Jackie (who now lives in NZ) has become a Grandma.  Her son Patrick (who I remember being 6) and his partner Sophie have the most gorgeous daughter to adore and love.  I am so pleased for all of them, but do have to ask myself where does the time go.  Wonderful news.

Lovely afternoon getting back into the grove with studying.  There is no need


too at the moment and it was a good feeling.  Even though I am looking up so many words.  Classic FM, tea in a Blue Italian cup and saucer and a good book. It really was quite lovely.

Quiet evening and oh yes, I have a date for tomorrow.  The first one since the Dave debacle. Obviously, the steroids are working.  Don't go off rushing to buy a hat.

Sunday:  Absolutely awful nights sleep.  My little mind was working overtime all through the night.  In fact, I awoke at 3.33 (of course I did) with another idea for my dissertation (which does not have to be finalised until February!)  I was looking around for a piece of paper and a pen to right down my thoughts. It was my own fault.  I went to bed and could not sleep so had a slice of quiche.  You know what they say about having cheese at bedtime.

Washed and dressed and off I went for date.  He was very nice.  Spent two hours sitting in the Embankment Gardens drinking coffee and chatting and laughing away. Very relaxing.  I am not over analysing it. I can't.  I need my analysing skills for my Master's lol.  Received a text saying he was pleased to meet me and thought I had the most lovely blue eyes.  This made me smile, as I remember when I did not smile and when my eyes were grey.  We have agreed to meet up again and just see where it goes.

I met Andy over the Southbank.  I had asked him to bring one of the three
books I have on the go over with him.  I knew he was meeting his friends today at the Royal Festival Hall.  They were going to a Star Trek concert.  Popped in to say hello to his friends and Craig scared the living daylights out of me.  He was dressed as Dr Spook.  Little lamb!  I could say at this point that this was my date for the afternoon as I may be better off with an alien.

Left them to it and went and sat outside at the Southbank Centre and read my book for an hour then walked home.  Now this is amazing. I actually had the energy and breath to walk. Not only that, but I called into the supermarket for the obligatory bag of shopping and managed to get all the way up the stairs without collapsing. The drugs really do work.  Sat and read and just chilled out for the rest of the evening.

It has been an eventful weekend.


As always, with my love x



2 comments:

  1. Well all I can say is you must be feeling better if you are back going on dates again. And it's good that you feel so motivated with studying. The challenge is always to keep it going when life starts throwing other stuff at you.
    love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. First date since the New Year ...... I have not missed much lol. Day three without steroids and fingers crossed. As for keep going, I deserve a bloody medal let alone a blue plaque. Hugs and stuff xx

    ReplyDelete