Monday 23 October 2017

Maximum temperature of 90 degrees Fahrenheit. The sky is blue And the palm trees are really cool. Captain Willcock and his Crew hope you have had a pleasant flight (Barbados - Typically Tropical)

I bet many of you will remember this song.  You wont want too; but you will.  It is OK you don't have to confess to me, just enjoy.



Saturday:  Usual start to our Saturday mornings.  Off to 'fat club'.  We could not stay this week as Andy was going out and I had places to go.  However, we are both VERY happy this week with our progress and I can really see it with him how much weight he has lost.  Not so with me, but I do have more to lose.  That aside, I bet when I see people who I have not seen for a long time, they will notice something different.  Back home, cooked breakfast (the best meal of the week) and then a few hours to kill before I had to go out.  Too much time to do nothing and not enough time to do anything!

I had to go to Deptford to check something out, then off for the obligatory two bags of shopping. I had no choice, I had absolutely nothing in the fridge to eat. I really should be as fit as a flea as carried three heavy bags of shopping up the 48 stairs to the flat.  It was then time to start getting my head around my University stuff.  I made huge progress (I think) and have kind of reference list for my first essay.  Still no idea how to construct said essay but it's a start.  

Quiet night watching a film which was appalling but funny.  Well it wasn't supposed to be but it was fun pulling it apart, but two hours of my life I will not get back.

Sunday:  Early start as I have a date today!  Yes you did read the right and your cannot reach Goddess status in ten minutes unless you are a bloke which means ten minutes before your date you close down the laptop, change your t shirt and spray yourself with some after shave.  Just saying boys.  Beautiful bright, but cold Sunday morning in London and I had to meet the poor, unsuspecting victim at Hampstead.  Now Hampstead is a very lovely part of town and we were meeting for brunch.

Date went really, really well.  He is a very interesting person but once again the Universe has amazed me.  He is from New Zealand, from Wellington (of course he is), very, very interesting career and life and oh yes, will be in Wellington when I am there too as he has to go home for some personal family time.  Only I could end up getting date that starts in London and then meets up in Wellington.  Amazing.  Well let us hope it happens first of all, but I think it will as there is talk of meeting up again to go to the theatre or to see a film. We shall see.

Back home, soup made and chores to do; life continues.  An interesting weekend and now back to 'normality' or whatever that is.


As always, with my love x









4 comments:

  1. I can vouch for an empty fridge all the time. Date in London then in NZ. Is he on the same plane as you too? Flashing red lights flashing red lights. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ian. Well we see if his disappears into the ether first of all. But no, we are not on the same flight, but the rest of it is a bit weird. I would have been burned at the stake years ago as a witch with all these crazy 'coincidences'. Hope all is well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you go and get weighed and then you have your huge breakfast.
    You're gonna have a lot to cram in in NZ, with now a date night as well.
    And yes we're all guilty of wasting time I think. I spend my nights unwinding with crap on Netflix (because I'm too tired to do anything useful) then I'm awake at stupid o'clock trying to catch up with stuff I really do need to do.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah Oh yes our Saturday breakfasts are all OK to have but they are such a treat. We shall see re date night, you know what they are like, but it is all a bit weird. I am managing my time ok, like you say we all have 24 hours in a day, it how we decide to spend them I guess. Hugs and love xxx

    ReplyDelete