Saturday 7 October 2017

So kiss me and smile for me Tell me that you'll wait for me Hold me like you'll never let me go (Leaving on a Jet Plane - John Denver)

This month I am going to do something different. I am going to focus on travel songs.  This will come apparent by the end of the month (which may be extended).  This song reminds me of my dear friend Steve as they played this at his funeral.  It really touched a nerve for me as I was due to move to London a few weeks later.  So as always, enjoy!



Monday:  So today it starts. I am officially a student.  The course I used to dream of studying is now coming true.  I am starting my Master's degree. I was nervous but excited to meet my peers.  I was not disappointed; they are a colourful bunch.  Needless to say, I am probably the oldest.  I loved it.  I was like a little sponge, soaking it all up.  It is going to be hard work, so much reading, but that means so much learning. I intend soaking up every little bit of it.

Tuesday:  This evening Andy and I went to the Festival Hall on the Southbank to see Marc Almond.  We waited in the foyer and watched people and we were not disappointed.  I could see my whole two years studying and dissertation

rolling out in front of me. Marc Almond was absolutely fantastic. He has such a good voice and sung for 2.5 hours - song after song after song.  He also sung my favourite song Jackie and for just a few moments I was a diva, I was Jackie! A wonderful evening and fond memories.

Wednesday:  Busy day followed by reading course material.  Finally, time to kick back and we watched all the trashy TV we have missed.  It is funny, well not funny, tragic really how television can play out your life.  I wished someone had warned me about the ending of Dr Foster.  It was far too near real life for my liking.  Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Watched The Apprentice, I don't know why.  They are a bunch of people who need a good shake.  I would hate to be driven totally by money.  When will people learn that making loads of money is not the be all and end all of everything.  Some of the most priceless experiences in life are those you cannot buy.

Thursday:  It is getting cold.  I was cold last night and the winter duvet will be going on this weekend and I feel the heating will be going on too this evening. The heavens opened this morning then followed by a bright, sunny day. Crazy weather.  Quiet day, but all is well.

Friday:  Sad day today as a dear work colleague, who works at one of the hospitals left today.  It is such a shame as she and her other colleague, have always made me feel so welcome.  But this is a good move for her and she will do well; even though I will be sad to see her go.  But life has taught me that people come into your life for one, two or fifty seasons then they leave. I guess it is all part of the journey.  So let's have the weekend.



As always, with my love x

3 comments:

  1. Do you think it's cold now? I can't say I've noticed but then again someone else is providing my heating. They're finally rigging up a heating system in my block this week; they've had no heating or hot water all this time. Except I'm refusing permission for may flat to be connected up to it.
    You have a lot of reading to do for the course; hope you don't get fed up with it. I'd be surprised you were the oldest there, Birkbeck takes a lot of mature students. I met a woman in her 70s doing a degree there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Well the winter duvets is on but it still warm here and the weather forecast for the weekend is 20 degrees ...... yay! Good luck with the flat, I hope things are progressing after all this time.

    The reading is OK. I like what I like and lap that up, the other bits I skim and take in what I need too, but no more. I was the oldest in my group, but definitely not in the college itself. We are a mixed bunch (of course we are, look at the subject matter) but it is a great experience. Hope all is well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bergabung Bersama Kami Di www.sabungayam.site | BONUS NEW MEMBER 10% !!! WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete