Monday 9 October 2017

We'll do it all Everything On our own We don't need Anything Or anyone If I lay here If I just lay here Would you lie with me and just forget the world? (Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol)

This is a beautiful song.  My Meg played this on her clarinet for my friend's wedding.  She played it as they walked up the aisle, so it has fond and sad memories as it was before the start of all the heartache.  Yet, this is still a wonderful song.  As always, enjoy.







Saturday:  You know the routine now. Up, showered and off to Fat Club.  All going very, very well and we are both so pleased with ourselves and each other. Home, fed and off to the shops for our weekly shopping.  I am saving loads of money.  

I am getting stressed now about tomorrow.  I won't mention tomorrow yet as that is only going to add to how I am feeling. Shopping done and it was time to have some quiet time, just chilling.

Sunday:  Difficult day today.  I returned to Staffordshire.  I went to meet a dear friend who was a Lecturer at the University and used to teach my subject. It was a big decision to make. I always said I would not be able to return to Stoke. So I didn't.  I went to Stafford.  By the time I got to Lichfield the memories, some good, some not so good, started to flood back.  I used to work at Lichfield. I could feel myself getting very anxious by the time the train rolled into Stafford.  My friend was there to met me and we decided to go to Stone. Stone is around 8 miles away from Stoke.  That was near enough.

Now Stone is normally a small town, where not much happens.  But of course not, not today.  It was their Food Festival and the place was so busy.  I cannot
deny, I was very anxious.  We found a little bistro type bar and stayed there. I did have to smile as I paid for the lunch (much to my friend's annoyance) and it was so cheap.  I thought, 'Ah I remember the north now'.  It was OK. We laughed and chatted away and the time soon flew by.

We returned to her car and a grabbed a suitcase full of books which will be of great use to my course I am sure. I decided to get the train from Stone saving my friend driving all the way back to Stafford.  Good job I did, it was so busy. The journey home was long but hey, I did it.  Would I like to do it again? Not for a while.  I got off the tube and was back in my noisy, dirty, diverse, lively, chaotic neighbourhood ....... I was home.  All the while travelling there I could feel the life being suck out of me; as soon as I was home I felt alive. London really does give me life.

As always, with my love x

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of Sone; at first I thought it was a typo and you meant Stoke.
    I can understand why going back would upset you. I usually try to avoid places that bring back bad memories; actually I don't like good memories too much because then I feel sad I'm not there anymore. Best to just keep moving forward.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah lol no Stone is rather a lovely place. I have avoided it for 2.5 years but this was a good opportunity to go back but would not choose to actually go back to Stoke, it would be too much for me. I know what you mean about memories, good or bad they all impact on us don't they. Onwards and upwards. Hugs and stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bergabung Bersama Kami Di www.sabungayam.site | BONUS NEW MEMBER 10% !!! WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete