Saturday 14 October 2017

So many destination faces going to so many places Where the weather is much better And the food is so much cheaper. Well I help her with her baggage for her baggage is so heavy (Airport - The Motors)

This was not the planned song for this week, but I heard it on the radio this morning and thought, why not.  I true blast from the past.  As always, enjoy.








Monday:  Busy day at work and it was soon 4.00pm time to pack up and get the bus up to Russell Square.  I had so much to carry.  Anytime you see me now I will have a bag full of books!  Spent some time in the library and got a lot done. Then off to the lecture.  It was very interesting.  Not sure still of my peers but we had to work in groups and I was very quiet (yes I can do quiet) as I rather wait and see and figure out the situation.  It was very interesting and it kind of made all that bloody reading worthwhile and making some sort of sense.

Tuesday:  In the office today for a meeting.  I rarely go in these days but it was OK.  Had a lovely lunch with one of my colleagues and we spent the time having a good old catch up and a giggle.  I walked there and also walked home, calling into the large Tesco near us and stocked up on all my Quorn sausages - don't I live the high life.

Back home and work done and dusted I spent some time reading (there is a surprise) but had a headache.  But still managed to get two hours reading done.  I think I will be all read out in two years time.  Lovely dinner and time to relax oh and breath.  It is all good.

Wednesday:  Suffering the delight of being outside most of the morning, with the wind, rain, alcoholics and drug users. Just a normal day. Back home and work done, time to study and I am ready a piece by Cicely Hamilton 'Marriage as a Trade and it is priceless.  She wrote the book in 1909 and it could so true even now.  I was laughing out load at some point but she made some valued points about how women, or more importantly, how men, rely on a wife to make them whole, where women can just get on with it but they are now conditioned to be married.  Anyway, don't start me off, you have two years of this.

Thursday:  Strange day today, work wise, but all done and dusted and then had my hair done tonight. It needed it.  I really will have to save more money (goodness knows from where) to have it done more often.  I am looking for an evening job one night a week. I did this before when I was on my own, I used to babysit for a woman and I earned enough each week to help me out.  If I could find something like this here, I would be very happy. Not ideal I know, but means to an end.  I earn enough, just, to manage but an extra bit each month really would come in handy.  I never thought I would find myself in this position this late in life.  People really do have a great deal to answer for.

Friday:  Yet another busy day work wise then later in the afternoon I went up to Bloomsbury to University.  Plenty of eye contact there to amuse me, along with queer and feminist theory.  I spread all my books out on the desk and men, being the shallow creatures they are, saw the word sex as in sexuality and were taken in. Sigh.  Oh well, productive afternoon.  Back home and three trips to the theatre booked.  Two with Andy and one on my own just a day before Christmas. It will give me something to do when the rest of the world are running around spending money they don't have, eating stuff they should not be eating and arguing with the people they love the most.  Don't you just love the Christmas spirit.


As always, with my love x


3 comments:

  1. God I'd long forgotten that Airport song. I dunno where time goes.
    Glad school is going well; the reading is going to take over your life but it'll be good to be doing something useful with your spare time.And as for Xmas, I always think books and movies are the best thing to do with it. Treat it as a rare gift when you don't get bothered by other people and you can just please yourself, rather than worrying about what you 'should' be doing. But then, I'm a seasoned xmas avoider.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah. Yes I love books, good job. I do not understand everything I am reading at the moment, but I am sure it will all come clear. Yes Christmas is very much over rated and I will have a wonderful time, as always, doing my own thing. Hope all is well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bergabung Bersama Kami Di www.sabungayam.site | BONUS NEW MEMBER 10% !!! WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete